This article needs additional citations for verification. (October 2020)
This article relies largely or entirely on a single source. (October 2020)
|Elevation||465 m (1,526 ft)|
|Time zone||UTC+5:30 (IST)|
Gevrai is located at the coordinates  and has an average elevation of 465 metres (1528 feet).,
As of the 2011 Census of India, Gevrai had a population of 33,562, with males constituting 52% of the population and females constituting 48%. Gevrai has an average literacy rate of 67%, which is higher than the national average of 59.5%. Total male literacy is 76%, while female literacy is at 58%. 14% of the population is under 6 years of age.
- St Xaviers school
- New Era Public School
- New Era International School
- New Era Junior College
- New Era Kota Pattern Classes
- New Era Pre-Primary School
- R. B. Attal College of Arts, Science and Commerce
- Sharda Vidya Mandir, Takadgaon Road
- New High School
- Vimla Vidya Mandir
- Z. P. High School
- Asharam School
- Anmol Balak Mandir
- Mahatma Phule Vidyalaya
In recent history, the political scene in Gevrai has been dominated by Shivajirao Pandit, his cousin Badamrao Pandit, and Shivajio's eldest son, Amarsingh Pandit. The current MLA for the Gevrai Vidhan Sabha constituency is BJP's Adv. Laxman Pawar who belongs to the Patil family (historically, the traditional heads of Gevrai). He won the 2014 Vidhan Sabha election by defeating NCP's Badamrao Pandit in a landslide of 60001 votes - the highest winning margin in the Marathwada region. Amarsingh Pandit currently represents Gevrai as an MLC. In the recent Municipal elections, the BJP won 18 of the 19 seats and also the President of Municipality's position, further consolidating the position of MLA Laxman Pawar in the town.
- "Census of India 2011: Data from the 2011 Census, including cities, villages and towns (Provisional)". Census Commission of India.
- "R.B. Attal College official site". Rbattalcollege.org. Retrieved 1 July 2012.
- "Mahatma Phule Vidyalaya".
- "Georai (Maharashtra) Assembly Constituency Elections".