Gerenzano is a comune (municipality) in the Province of Varese in the Italian region Lombardy, located about 25 kilometres (16 mi) northwest of Milan and about 25 kilometres (16 mi) southeast of Varese.
|Comune di Gerenzano|
|Coordinates: 45°38′N 9°0′E / 45.633°N 9.000°E|
|• Mayor||Ivano Campi|
|• Total||9.8 km2 (3.8 sq mi)|
|Elevation||226 m (741 ft)|
(31 January 2009)
|• Density||1,000/km2 (2,700/sq mi)|
|Time zone||UTC+1 (CET)|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC+2 (CEST)|
|Patron saint||Sts. Peter and Paul|
|Saint day||April 7|
Gerenzano borders the following municipalities: Cislago, Rescaldina, Rovello Porro, Saronno, Turate, Uboldo.
Gerenzano is served by train transportation with Gerenzano-Turate station, situated on the line connecting Varese and Laveno Mombello to Milan. This line is operated by FNM.
Education and cultureEdit
Gerenzano has two public primary schools (one entitled to Pope Giovanni XXIII and one to G.P. Clerici) and one public middle school (entitled to the Italian scientist Enrico Fermi). There are no high schools in the comune.
A public library is also present in the territory, along with a public auditorium.
In Gerenzano are located the following sport teams:
- Gruppo Sportivo Gerenzano, Twirling
- Polisportiva Salus Gerenzano, Football, Volleyball, Basketball and other activities
- A.S.D Gerenzanese Calcio, Football
- ^ "Superficie di Comuni Province e Regioni italiane al 9 ottobre 2011". Italian National Institute of Statistics. Retrieved 16 March 2019.
- ^ All demographics and other statistics: Italian statistical institute Istat.