Gerald David Lascelles
This article needs additional citations for verification. (September 2013) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Gerald David Lascelles (21 August 1924 – 27 February 1998) was the younger son of Henry Lascelles, 6th Earl of Harewood and Mary, Princess Royal, the only daughter of King George V and Queen Mary. He was a first cousin of Queen Elizabeth II. He was styled The Honourable Gerald Lascelles.
Gerald David Lascelles
|Born||21 August 1924|
Goldsborough Hall, Yorkshire
|Died||27 February 1998 (aged 73)|
Life and familyEdit
Lascelles was born at Goldsborough Hall, near Knaresborough, North Yorkshire, and was baptised with the Prince of Wales and the Duchess of York as his godparents. At his birth, he was 7th in the line of succession.
On 15 July 1952, he married Angela Dowding (20 April 1919 – 28 February 2007) at St. Margaret's, Westminster. They then moved into a house in Albion Mews, W2. Before divorcing in July 1978, they had one son:
- Henry Ulick Lascelles (born 19 May 1953), who married firstly Alexandra Morton (15 April 1953) on 25 August 1979 (divorced 20 October 1999) and secondly Fiona Wilmott on 2 June 2006. He has one son by his first marriage, Maximilian John Gerald, born 19 December 1991.
- Martin David Lascelles (born 9 February 1962, London), before their marriage. Martin married Charmaine Eccleston (b. 24 Dec 1962, Kingston, Jamaica) on 23 April 1999, and they have a son, Alexander Joshua, born on 20 September 2002. Martin also has an illegitimate daughter with singer Carol Anne Douet (b. 4 May 1962, London) named Georgina Elizabeth, born on 22 December 1988.
Lascelles was the president of the British Racing Drivers' Club from 1964 to 1991, after the 5th Earl Howe died. Lord Howe had asked Lascelles to replace him. He[who?] was briefly a driver before this. In his role as BRDC president, Lascelles was invited by the Australian Racing Drivers Club, promoters of the Bathurst 1000 Touring car race, to be the Grand Marshal for the 1985 race.
He was also a passionate jazz enthusiast, and he collaborated with journalist and magazine editor Sinclair Traill in compiling the popular Just Jazz yearbooks in the 1950s.
This section does not cite any sources. (July 2019) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Ancestors of Gerald David Lascelles|
- Mews News. Lurot Brand. Published winter 2007. Retrieved 24 September 2013.
- Angela Lascelles - Obituaries, The Telegraph, 12 March 2007.
- Panton, Kenneth J. (2011). Historical Dictionary of the British Monarchy. Scarecrow Press. ISBN 978-0-8108-5779-7.
He has one child (Alexandre, born in 2002) by Charmaine Eccleston, whom he married in 1999, and another (Georgina, born in 1988) as a result of a relationship with singer Carol Douet (Lascelles, Henry, Earl of Harewood, page 298).
The Earl Howe
| BRDC President