Georgina Jolibois MP (born 1968) is a Canadian politician who was elected to represent the riding of Desnethé—Missinippi—Churchill River in the House of Commons of Canada in the 2015 Canadian federal election.
|Member of the Canadian Parliament|
for Desnethé—Missinippi—Churchill River
|Assumed office |
October 19, 2015
|Preceded by||Rob Clarke|
|Born||1968 (age 50–51)|
La Loche, Saskatchewan
|Political party||New Democratic Party|
Prior to her election Jolibois served for twelve years as mayor of La Loche. She also served nine years on the Royal Canadian Mounted Police "F" Division’s Aboriginal Advisory Committee, working with law enforcement and other community partners to build safer communities in the North.
|2015 Canadian federal election: Desnethé—Missinippi—Churchill River|
|New Democratic||Georgina Jolibois||10,319||34.15%||-11.23||–|
|Total valid votes/Expense limit||30,213||100.0||$227,329.67|
|Total rejected ballots||91||–||–|
|These results were subject to a judicial recount and modified from the validated results in accordance with the Judge's rulings. The margin of Georgina Jolibois over Lawrence Joseph increased from 71 votes to 82 votes as a result of the recount.|
|New Democratic gain from Conservative||Swing||-5.51|
|Source: Elections Canada|
- "NDP’s Georgina Jolibois wins in Desnethé-Missinippi-Churchill River". Global News, October 20, 2015.
- "'It could have happened anywhere': Local MP says La Loche will heal". Saskatoon Star-Phoenix, January 28, 2016.
- "Bill proposing National Indigenous Peoples Day be a stat holiday is moving forward". CBC News. October 30, 2017. Retrieved March 20, 2018.
- "NDP candidate wins Saskatchewan riding after recount: Elections Canada". CTV News. 3 November 2015. Retrieved 3 November 2015.
- Elections Canada – Confirmed candidates for Desnethé—Missinippi—Churchill River, 30 September 2015
- Elections Canada – Preliminary Election Expenses Limits for Candidates Archived August 15, 2015, at the Wayback Machine
|This article about a Saskatchewan politician is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|