|Birth name||George Quintin Paterson|
|Date of birth||5 March 1855|
|Place of birth||Bangalore, India|
|Date of death||c. 1 March 1934(aged 78)|
|Place of death||Hoboken, New Jersey, United States|
|Rugby union career|
Rugby Union careerEdit
Paterson started at Warriston.
He played for East of Scotland District.
Paterson was born in Banaglore, India to parents Dr. Colin Archibald Paterson and Harriet Annette Ross. He was one of four children, all born in India. He married Louisa Augusta Stewart of Mount Carmel in Jamaica; and they had a daughter Louisa Angela Stewart Paterson who was born in Falmouth in Jamaica. His wife Louisa Augusta Stewart died in 1890; and Paterson moved to the United States. He married again in 1896 to Louise Sherwood. Paterson died in March 1934 and is buried in the Holy Cross Cemetery in North Arlington, New Jersey.
- "George Quintin Paterson". ESPN scrum.
- The Accies. David Barnes. Birlinn Publishing. 2008.
- The Essential History of Rugby Union: Scotland. Nick Oswald and John Griffiths.
- "Old World Scotland". electricscotland.com.
- "Rugby Union - ESPN Scrum - Statsguru - Player analysis - George Paterson - Test matches". ESPN scrum.
- "George Quentin Paterson (1854-1934) - Find A..." www.findagrave.com.