Garges-lès-Gonesse (French pronunciation: [ɡaʁʒ lɛ ɡɔnɛs] (listen), literally Garges near Gonesse) is a commune in the northern suburbs of Paris in the Val-d'Oise department in northern France. It is located 14.1 km (8.8 mi) from the center of Paris. The city is a part of the Paris urban area. It is the seat of the canton of Garges-lès-Gonesse, which also covers Arnouville.
|Intercommunality||CA Roissy Pays de France|
|• Mayor (2020–2026)||Benoît Jimenez|
|5.47 km2 (2.11 sq mi)|
|• Density||7,900/km2 (20,000/sq mi)|
|Time zone||UTC+01:00 (CET)|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC+02:00 (CEST)|
|Elevation||34–80 m (112–262 ft) |
(avg. 60 m or 200 ft)
|1 French Land Register data, which excludes lakes, ponds, glaciers > 1 km2 (0.386 sq mi or 247 acres) and river estuaries.|
The city is strongly urbanized and is near to Paris–Le Bourget Airport. Garges-lès-Gonesse was transformed from an old rural village to a suburb at the beginning of the 20th century.
|Source: EHESS and INSEE (1968-2017)|
- 13 preschools
- 11 elementary schools
- Four combined preschools and elementary schools
- "Populations légales 2019". The National Institute of Statistics and Economic Studies. 29 December 2021.
- Des villages de Cassini aux communes d'aujourd'hui: Commune data sheet Garges-lès-Gonesse, EHESS. (in French)
- Population en historique depuis 1968, INSEE
- "Les écoles à Garges." Garges. Retrieved on September 7, 2016.
- "Les collèges Archived 2016-09-14 at the Wayback Machine." Garges. Retrieved on September 7, 2016.
- "Le lycée." Garges. Retrieved on September 7, 2016.
- "Le lycée professionnel ." Garges. Retrieved on September 7, 2016.
- Official website (in French)
- Base Mérimée: Search for heritage in the commune, Ministère français de la Culture. (in French)
- Association of Mayors of the Val d’Oise Archived 2008-04-07 at the Wayback Machine (in French)
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Garges-lès-Gonesse.|