Gandhi Institute of Technology and Management
Gandhi Institute of Technology and Management (GITAM), formerly GITAM University and GITAM College of Engineering, is an institute of higher education with campuses in Visakhapatnam, Hyderabad and Bangalore in India. It was established in 1980 at Visakhapatnam, it was affiliated to Andhra University. In 2007, it was conferred the status of deemed university under Section 3 of UGC Act 1956. It was the first private engineering institute in Andhra Pradesh to receive university status. Its main campus is at Visakhapatnam which spreads over 110 acres (45 ha).
|GITAM College of Engineering, GITAM (deemed to be university)|
|Chancellor||Prof. K. Ramakrishna Rao|
|Colours||Gold and brown|
The university offers 109 programs at undergraduate, postgraduate and Doctoral levels in Technology, Pharmacy, Science, Management, International Business, Architecture and Law. Management. GITAM is managed by the Board of Management consisting of the vice-chancellor and other designated members.
|University and College rankings|
|General – India|
|NIRF (Overall) (2018)||101–150|
|NIRF (Universities) (2018)||85|
GITAM Institute of Technology and Management was ranked 85 among universities in India by the National Institutional Ranking Framework (NIRF) in 2018 and in the 101–150 band overall GITAM is graded A+ By NAAC
GITAM has a 110-acre (45 ha) campus in Rushikonda. The campus has beautiful lawns, consists of three main food canteens namely Bheemas, Venela and Sai Ram Parlour, few fast food outlets like Subway, Tibb's Frankie, Coke Station and two beautiful temples. It has also opened a branch of Thick Shake Factory in the campus For Sports, it has two multi-purpose outdoor grounds, indoor facilities for badminton and table tennis, tennis courts, and gym. It consists of following schools:
GITAM is a host to many student activities both professional and cultural as well.GITAM University Science & Activity CENTRE(GUSAC),Professional societies include ASME, SAE, ISTE, IEEE, CSI, IETE, IEI, ISOI and EWB. Cultural societies include Kalakriti, G-studio, G-Mag, E-Cell, NCC, NSS and other community services like Rotaract and Vivaan.
- "Welcome to GITAM University". gitam.edu. Archived from the original on 21 June 2011. Retrieved 15 June 2011.
- Panigrahi, Rajeshwari. "Management". gitam home. GITAM. Retrieved 21 June 2020.
- "National Institutional Ranking Framework 2018 (Overall)". National Institutional Ranking Framework. Ministry of Human Resource Development. 2018.
- "National Institutional Ranking Framework 2018 (Universities)". National Institutional Ranking Framework. Ministry of Human Resource Development. 2018.
- GITAM Ranking National Institutional Ranking Framework
- GITAM. "GITAM | In Campus". www.gitam.edu. Retrieved 22 June 2020.
- "GITAM Student Activities". Archived from the original on 1 October 2016. Retrieved 16 October 2016.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Gandhi Institute of Technology and Management.|