Gabriela Schloesser (née Bayardo, born 18 February 1994) is a Mexican-born Dutch recurve archer from Tijuana who represented Mexico before 2016, and has represented the Netherlands since 2017. In 2021, Schloesser and Steve Wijler won the silver medal in the mixed team event at the 2020 Summer Olympics in Tokyo, Japan.
|Full name||Ana Gabriela Bayardo Chan|
|Born||18 February 1994|
Tijuana, Baja California, Mexico
|Coached by||Mike Schloesser|
|Updated on 23 May 2021.|
She competed for Mexico in the archery competition at the 2016 Summer Olympics in Rio de Janeiro, reaching the second round before being eliminated by Lisa Unruh of Germany. Following the mandatory break of 12 months in international competition for athletes switching national representation, Schloesser made her debut as a Dutch archer at the third stage of the Archery World Cup in June 2018.
In June 2019, partnered with Sjef van den Berg, Schloesser won silver medal in the mixed recurve event at the Archery World Championships in 's-Hertogenbosch, losing to the South Korean duo of Lee Woo-seok and Kang Chae-young in the final. Later that month at the 2019 European Games held in Minsk, Belarus, Bayardo secured a qualification place for the 2020 Summer Olympics in Tokyo after reaching the semi-finals, becoming the first female Dutch archer to achieve an Olympic spot since 1996. Although she lost to Tatiana Andreoli of Italy in their semi-final match, Schloesser claimed bronze medal after defeating Russia's Anna Balsukova in the third-place match.
On 23 May 2021, she paired with Sjef van den Berg to claim gold medal in the recurve mixed team event during the 2021 Archery World Cup defeating the Bangladeshi duo of Diya Siddique and Ruman Shana in the final.
Schloesser and Rick van der Ven won the gold medal in the mixed team recurve event at the 2022 European Archery Championships held in Munich, Germany. She represented the Netherlands at the 2022 World Games held in Birmingham, United States.
- Vasquez, Andrea (18 June 2018). "Gabriela Bayardo debuts for Netherlands in Salt Lake City". World Archery. Retrieved 19 July 2019.
- "Schutters Wijler en Schloesser geëmotioneerd en trots na historische plak". NU.nl (in Dutch). 24 July 2021. Retrieved 24 July 2021.
- "Arquera Gabriela Bayardo, eliminada en Río 2016" [Archer Gabriela Bayardo eliminated in Rio 2016]. El Universal (in Spanish). 10 August 2016. Retrieved 19 July 2019.
- "Zilver voor Van den Berg en Bayardo bij WK handboogschieten" [Silver for Van den Berg and Bayardo in the Archery WC]. Nederlandse Omroep Stichting (in Dutch). 16 June 2019. Retrieved 19 July 2019.
- "Handboogschutter Bayardo dankzij halve finale naar Olympische Spelen" [Archer Bayardo to the Olympic Games thanks to semi-final]. Algemeen Dagblad (in Dutch). 26 June 2019. Retrieved 19 July 2019.
- "Handboogschutter Bayardo wint brons en mag naar Spelen" [Archer Bayardo wins bronze and is allowed to play]. Nederlandse Omroep Stichting (in Dutch). 26 June 2019. Retrieved 19 July 2019.
- "Ruman, Diya lose in final". The Daily Star. 23 May 2021. Retrieved 23 May 2021.
- "Ellison and Gomboeva win recurve titles at Archery World Cup". www.insidethegames.biz. 23 May 2021. Retrieved 23 May 2021.
- "Gabriela Schloesser boekt wereldbekerzege in Lausanne". 1Limburg | Nieuws en sport uit Limburg (in Dutch). 23 May 2021. Retrieved 23 May 2021.
- Houston, Michael (12 June 2022). "German top seeds lose recurve finals at European Archery Championships". InsideTheGames.biz. Retrieved 12 June 2022.
- "2022 European Archery Championships Results Book" (PDF). World Archery Europe. Archived from the original (PDF) on 12 June 2022. Retrieved 12 June 2022.
- "Archery Results Book" (PDF). 2022 World Games. Archived from the original (PDF) on 15 July 2022. Retrieved 15 July 2022.