GE Renewable Energy
GE Renewable Energy is a division of General Electric headquartered in Paris, France focusing on production of energy from renewable sources. Its portfolio of products includes wind (onshore and offshore), hydroelectric and solar (concentrated and photovoltaic) power generating solutions.
|Revenue||$10.3 billion (2017)|
|Website||GE Renewable Energy|
GE Renewable Energy was created in 2015, combining the wind power assets GE purchased from Alstom with those previously owned by GE and operated under the Power & Water division. Upon the division's creation, the headquarters of GE Renewable Energy moved from Schenectady, New York to Paris, France, part of conditions for the Alstom purchase.
GE Wind Energy was formed out of the assets of Enron Wind purchased in 2002, and subsequently expanded with the purchase of ScanWind in 2009. GE Wind expanded into offshore wind energy with the purchase of Alstom's energy generation assets in 2015.
The GE Hydro sub-division of GE Renewable energy is involved in hydroelectricity generation. This includes the design, manufacture, and installation of equipment for both gravity fed and pumped-storage power plants, and as upgrades to existing hydroelectric plants.
GE Hydro has developed aerating turbines designed to increase the amount of oxygen in water passing through the turbines, to benefit the aquatic life downstream.
- "GE 2017 Annual Report" (PDF). GE.com. GE. Retrieved 24 May 2018.
- "GE Renewable Energy About Us". GE Renewable Energy. GE. Retrieved 29 January 2019.
- Rulison, Larry (18 November 2015). "GE moves renewable energy headquarters from Schenectady to Paris". Times Union. Retrieved 24 May 2018.
- "G.E. to Buy Enron Wind-Turbine Assets". New York Times. 12 April 2002. Retrieved 25 May 2018.
- "GE boosts offshore wind with acquisition". CNET. 2009-09-14. Retrieved 2018-03-14.
- De Clercq, Geert (1 March 2018). "GE to develop world's largest wind turbine in France". Reuters. Retrieved 25 May 2018.
- Harris, Michael (20 November 2015). "GE to manufacture turbine-generators for Mexico's 240-MW Chicoasen 2 hydropower plant". Hydro World.
- Harris, Michael (30 March 2017). "GE to equip China's 3,000-MW Liang He Kou hydroelectric project". Hydro World. Retrieved 24 May 2018.
- Hill, Joshua S (10 August 2017). "GE To Build 344 Megawatt Kokhav Hayarden Hydro Pumped Storage Station In Israel". Clean Technica. Retrieved 24 May 2018.
- Harris, Michael (30 June 2017). "GE Renewable Energy to upgrade pair of units at OPG's 205-MW Little Long hydroelectric plant". Hydro World. Retrieved 24 May 2018.
- Harris, Michael (12 February 2018). "GE awarded contract for Kyrgyzstan's Toktogul rehab". Hydro World. Retrieved 24 May 2018.
- Harris, Michael (14 October 2016). "GE awarded contract to upgrade generators at Switzerland's 69-MW Mottec hydroelectric plant". Hydro World. Retrieved 24 May 2018.
- Harris, Michael (30 June 2017). "Cube Hydro to upgrade High Rock project with GE aerating turbines". Hydro World. Retrieved 24 May 2018.