Futaba Corporation (双葉電子工業株式会社, Futaba Denshi Kōgyō Kabushiki-gaisha) is a Japanese company founded in 1948, originally to produce vacuum tubes. As time passed, production and elemental techniques of the vacuum tube transformed into the manufacturing of vacuum fluorescent displays (VFDs), tool and die set components, radio control equipment and OLED displays.
|Founded||Mobara, Japan (February 3, 1948 )|
|Headquarters||Mobara, Chiba Prefecture 297- 8588, Japan|
|Revenue||JPY 67,083 billion (FY 2019) (US$ 613.5 million) (FY 2019)|
|JPY 1.79 billion (FY 2013) (US$ 17.45 million) (FY 2013)|
Number of employees
|5,007 (consolidated, as of March 31, 2019)|
|Footnotes / references|
Futaba Corporation is divided into three business units — Electronic Components, Electronic Systems Division, and Machinery and Tooling Division.
- Electronics Component Division — VFD and OLED displays and capacitive touch panels
- Machinery and Tooling — Press and mold equipment and related components
- Electronic Systems Division — Radio control (RC) for both hobby and industrial applications and servomotors.
Futaba became one of the first companies of its type to provide comprehensive radio control products, selection and service to hobbyists. Futaba systems and products were quickly accepted and used by serious competitors and casual enthusiasts alike. Futaba products are used in the air, on the water, underwater and on the ground for all types of radio-controlled models. Futaba manufactures all components in-house, including tools and manufacturing facilities.
The hobby brand is distributed in North America by FutabaUSA, by Ripmax in the UK, Ireland, Germany and Austria, along with other distributors around the world.
- "Company Profile". Futaba Corporation. Retrieved December 15, 2019.
- "Futaba Corporation — Company info". Japan Die&Mold Industry Association. Retrieved March 30, 2015.
- "Futaba History". Futaba Corporation. Retrieved March 29, 2015.
- "Company Snapshot". Bloomberg Businessweek. Retrieved March 29, 2015.
- "Milacron's D-M-E Forms Global Strategic Alliance with Japan's Futaba". Business Wire. April 24, 2008. Retrieved April 2, 2015 – via Bloomberg L.P.
- "List of distributors". Futaba Corporation. Retrieved March 30, 2015.
- Futaba official site (in English)