This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)
|Products||Women's clothing, lingerie, swimwear|
Founder's background edit
The founder, Jennifer Zuccarini, grew up in Toronto, Canada, and later moved to New York, where she lived for almost 14 years. She previously stated that her parents were her inspiration for entering the fashion field. She studied Fine Arts in Montreal, after which she completed another degree in Fashion Design at Fashion Institute of Technology. Zuccarini worked at Nanette Lepore, an online store until 2005 when she was planning a new business with her partner, Nanette Lepore. In 2008. she started working for Victoria's Secret as a lingerie designer.
Company history edit
After working at Kiki and Victoria's Secret, Zuccarini created Fleur du Mal, a lingerie brand with items meant to be worn every day. Zuccarini took the name from a collection of poems by Charles Baudelaire, Les Fleurs du mal ("the flowers of evil"). Zuccarini felt that Baudelaire was a good inspiration for the brand, as he was a "decadent and tormented artist, a true dandy, who spent everything he had on clothing, opium, and women". The primary goal for Zuccarini was to change people's views towards lingerie, as Zuccarini felt that lingerie played an important role as a part of women's wardrobe and should not be limited to special events such as a date.
In 2017 Fleur du Mal launched a ready-to-wear label. During the same year the newspaper Observer stated that Fleur du Mal had become Hollywood's go-to lingerie line. In 2019 The Independent named the brand one of the "65 best online clothing stores in the US".
As of 2019, Fleur du Mal offers lingerie, women's ready-to-wear fashion, and swims. The brand has offered special collections including "ESSENTIELS", "SPRING", "RESORT", "BRIDAL", and "BACK IN STOCK".
From 2015 to 2018, Fleur du Mal launched a number of conceptual collections.
- ‘Love is a contact sport’ was the first lingerie collection released in the spring of 2015.
- 'Do not disturb' was the second collection launched in the fall of 2015.
- ‘Fleur du Mal X Playboy was a collaboration of 17 products including bras and panties sets, body suits, robes, and bunny ears, available in various colors, prints, and fabrics. The collection was launched on November 20, 2015.
- 'The velvet underground' was released in the fall of 2016. The concept of this collection was to crush on everything velvet for fall.
- 'Tropical disco hustle' was a collection released in 2017 for vacation. 'Baby, it is getting hot' was the main thesis of this collection.
- In 2018, the brand launched its Fuller Cup collection, ranging from size DD to G.
- 'Spring fever' was launched in the spring of 2019. The concept of the collection is to make a connection with lingerie and flowers.
Marketing and collaboration edit
Jennifer Zuccarini chose to utilize mobile pop-up shops, as she felt they model the modern customers' shopping habits and allow the company to expand its international presence quicker than only holding specific physical stores. Fleur du Mal launched its first mobile pop-up shop in New York in November 2012. Then hosted another one in Los Angeles in February 2013.
Fleur du Mal partnered with Playboy in 2015. The entire collaboration had 17 products including bras and panties sets, body suits, robes, and bunny ears, available in various colors, prints, and fabrics with a Playboy touch. Products could be purchased online at diverse retailers like Shopbob, Fleur du Mal, and Net-a-Porter.
In June 2017, Fleur du Mal launched a year-round gallery "The Peep Show", located inside the NYC boutique at 175 Mott Street. The exhibition featured artist Fahren Feingold and carried the label's full fall 2017 collection. Zuccarini claimed that it's important to collaborate with artists who really understand the essence of Fleur du Mal: powerful, provocative, and feminine.
In November 2017, the perfume brand Kilian collaborated with Fleur du Mal. The concept of this collaboration was to use microcapsules to bring Kilian's fragrance to underwear items. This collection included a semi-transparent bodysuit, a night set including a camisole and shorts, a kimono, and accessories sets.
See also edit
- "Interview with Jennifer Zuccarini, Founder of Fleur du Mal". theFashionSpot. 2014-07-16. Retrieved 2019-02-13.
- Rutherford, Chrissy (2018-08-03). "10 Lingerie Brands to Know Right Now". Harper's BAZAAR. Retrieved 2019-04-03.
- "The 65 best online retailers in the US". The Independent. 2018-12-31. Retrieved 2019-03-26.
- "Female Entrepreneurs Are Finally Taking Control of the Lingerie Industry". Observer. 2017-07-27. Retrieved 2019-04-03.
- Tran, Khanh T. L. (30 November 2018). "Female-powered brands and e-tailers' first-ever stores make Palisades Village a mall antidote". LA Times. Retrieved 2019-03-26.
- Eldor, Karin. "How Fleur Du Mal Is Going From Lingerie Brand To Fashion Powerhouse". Forbes. Retrieved 2019-03-26.
- Deutsch, Anna (10 April 2014). "Ex-Kiki de Montparnesse and Victoria's Secret Designer Jennifer Zuccarini on Why She Started Her Own Line". Fashionista. Retrieved 2019-04-03.
- "Jennifer Zuccarini, Founder, Fleur Du Mal". Into The Gloss. 2016-02-24. Retrieved 2022-11-20.
- "Why One Designer Left Her Job At Victoria's Secret To Build Her Own Lingerie Company". Cheddar. Retrieved 2019-04-03.
- "A Peak Into Fleur du Mal's Gorgeous SS16 Collection". Haute Living. 2016-01-19. Retrieved 2019-04-03.
- "How Fleur du Mal Became Hollywood's Go-to Lingerie Line". Observer. 2017-06-08. Retrieved 2019-02-13.
- Carter, Felicity. "Luxe Lingerie And Loungewear Selects For Spring". Forbes. Retrieved 2019-03-29.
- "Love is a Contact Sport". Fleur du Mal. Retrieved 2019-04-03.
- "Do Not Disturb". Fleur du Mal. Retrieved 2019-04-03.
- "Fleur du Mal x Playboy". Playboy Enterprises. Retrieved 2019-02-15.
- Okwodu, Janelle (2019-10-23). "Precious Lee and Fleur du Mal Are Bringing Size Inclusivity to Luxury Lingerie". Vogue. Retrieved 2020-03-30.
- "Fleur du Mal Dresses Up Customer Shopping Experiences with Mobile". DMNews.com. 25 May 2013. Retrieved 2019-02-24.
- Lin, Summer (2018-05-29). "Exclusive: Fleur du Mal Teams Up with Artist Fahren Feingold for a New Exhibit". CR Fashion Book. Retrieved 2019-02-24.
- FashionNetwork.com. "Kilian x Fleur du Mal release sexy fragrance collaboration". FashionNetwork.com. Retrieved 2019-02-24.
- Tunell, Alix. "Is Scented Lingerie The Secret To The Best Sex Ever?". Refinery29. Retrieved 2019-04-03.