First Andrews Ministry
The First Andrews Ministry was the 69th ministry of the Government of Victoria. The Labor Government, led by the Premier, Daniel Andrews, and Deputy Premier, James Merlino, was officially sworn in on 4 December 2014, following the 2014 state election, which was held on 29 November 2014. At the time of its formation, the Ministry comprised 22 Ministers, five of which were members of the Victorian Legislative Council and 17 who were members of the Victorian Legislative Assembly. At the time, nine ministers were women.
|69th Cabinet of Victoria, Australia|
|Date formed||4 December 2014|
|Date dissolved||29 November 2018|
|People and organisations|
|Monarch||Queen Elizabeth II|
|Represented by||Alex Chernov (until 30 June 2015) |
Linda Dessau (since 30 June 2015)
|Head of government||Daniel Andrews|
|Deputy head of government||James Merlino|
|No. of ministers||22|
|Member party||Australian Labor Party|
|Status in legislature||Labor Majority Government|
|Opposition leader||Matthew Guy|
|Election(s)||2014 state election|
|Successor||Second Andrews Ministry|
First Andrews Ministry, 2014-2018Edit
|Daniel Andrews, MP|
|James Merlino, MP||
|Tim Pallas, MP|
|Martin Pakula, MP||
|Gavin Jennings, MLC||
|Jacinta Allan, MP||
|Jill Hennessy, MP||
|Martin Foley, MP||
|Richard Wynne, MP||
|Jaala Pulford, MLC||
|John Eren, MP||
|Lisa Neville, MP||
|Robin Scott, MP||
|Natalie Hutchins, MP|
|Lily D'Ambrosio, MP||
|Luke Donnellan, MP||
|Jenny Mikakos, MLC||
|Wade Noonan, MP||
|Philip Dalidakis, MLC||
|Marlene Kairouz, MP||
|Gayle Tierney, MLC||
|Ben Carroll, MP||
|Fiona Richardson, MP||
|Steve Herbert, MLC||
|Jane Garrett, MP||
|Adem Somyurek, MLC||
A reshuffle in May 2016 saw a change in responsibilities for several ministers.
On 9 November 2016, Steve Herbert, the Minister for Corrections, Training and Skills and International Education, resigned from the Ministry.
- "Daniel Andrews sworn in as Victorian Premier, unveils ministerial portfolios". ABC News. 4 December 2014. Retrieved 4 December 2014.
- Tomazin, Farrah (23 May 2015). "Minister stood down over allegations of misconduct made by chief of staff". The Age. Retrieved 23 May 2015.
- The Age: Adem Somyurek resigns as Small Business Minister after bullying investigation
- Premier of Victoria: New Ministry Strengthens Focus On Jobs, Major Projects And Law And Order
- Andrews, Daniel; Premier of Victoria (10 June 2016). "Statement From The Premier" (Press release). Government of Victoria.
- "Marlene Kairouz to replace Jane Garrett in Victorian Cabinet". ABC News. 20 June 2016. Retrieved 30 September 2020.
- Ministers, Parliament of Victoria