Finding Your Feet
Finding Your Feet is a romantic comedy-drama directed by Richard Loncraine from an original screenplay by Nick Moorcroft and Meg Leonard. The film stars Imelda Staunton, Timothy Spall, Celia Imrie and Joanna Lumley.
|Finding Your Feet|
|Directed by||Richard Loncraine|
|Produced by||Nick Moorcroft
|Written by||Nick Moorcroft
|Music by||Michael J McEvoy|
|Edited by||Johnny Daukes|
Powder Keg Pictures
Catalyst Global Media
|Distributed by||Entertainment One Roadside Attractions|
When ‘Lady’ Sandra Abbott (Imelda Staunton) discovers that her husband of forty years (John Sessions) is having an affair with her best friend (Josie Lawrence) she seeks refuge in London with her estranged, older sister Bif (Celia Imrie). Sandra is a fish out of water next to her outspoken, serial dating, free spirited sibling who lives on an inner-city council estate. But different is just what Sandra needs and she reluctantly lets Bif drag her along to a community dance class where she meets her sister's friends, Charlie (Timothy Spall), Jackie (Joanna Lumley) and Ted (David Hayman). This colorful group of defiant and energetic third-agers start to show Sandra that retirement is in fact only the beginning, and that divorce might just give her a whole new lease of life and love.
The film was announced at the 2016 Cannes Film Festival and started shooting on October 31, 2016, in London and Rome. The film wrapped on December 16, 2016. The film will be released nationwide in the United Kingdom and Ireland on February 23, 2018. Roadside Attractions picked up the U.S distribution rights and will release the film theatrically in America on March 30th, 2017. Roadside Attractions co-founders Howard Cohen and Eric d’Arbeloff said: "Finding Your Feet is one of Richard Loncraine’s best. It is brilliantly acted and completely endearing, emotional and delightfully charming and funny from start to finish. It is the kind of feel-good, character rich, second chance at life comedy that we absolutely love."
On 20 October 2017, it was announced that Finding Your Feet would open the 35th Torino Film Festival. The director Richard Loncraine, and the actors Timothy Spall and Celia Imrie presented the feature (re-titled "Ricomincio da me") at the Festival in Turin on 24 November 2017. TFF is the second largest film festival in Italy, following the Venice Film Festival. Finding Your Feet is distributed in Italy by CINEMA owned by veteran film distributor Valerio De Paolis.
It was announced in The Hollywood Reporter on the 15th December, 2017, the film will have its North American premiere at the 29th Palm Springs International Film Festival on January 6th, 2018. The film was named as one of the 'best of the fest' and screened again for the public on Monday 15th January 
- "Timothy Spall, Joanna Lumley, Celia Imrie join Protagonist dance comedy 'Finding Your Feet'". Screendaily.com. Retrieved 2017-03-06.
- Dalya Alberge (2016-09-08). "Finding Your Feet to star Timothy Spall, Joanna Lumley and Imelda Staunton". Standard.co.uk. Retrieved 2017-03-06.
- Lodderhose, Diana (15 May 2016). "Cannes: Imelda Staunton Finds Her 'Feet' (EXCLUSIVE)". Variety.com. Retrieved 2017-03-06.
- Grater, Tom (2016-12-12). "First look: Imelda Staunton, Timothy Spall in UK rom-com | News | Screen". Screendaily.com. Retrieved 2017-03-06.
- Wyche, Elbert (5 October 2017). "Roadside Attractions acquires Richard Loncraine's comedy 'Finding Your Feet'". Screen Daily. Retrieved 3 December 2017.
- Caroli, Clara (19 October 2017). ""Ricomincio da me", una prima mondiale inaugura il 35° Torino Film Festival". Repubblica (in Italian). Retrieved 3 December 2017.
- "Palm Springs Film Festival: Steven Spielberg's 'The Post' to Screen on Opening Night". The Hollywood Reporter. 15 December 2017.
- . The Wrap. 15 January 2018 https://www.thewrap.com/palm-springs-film-festival-winners-finding-your-feet-skid-row-marathon. Missing or empty