Film Critics Circle of India
At the AGM, conducted at the International Film Festival of India—2013, Subhash Ghai said, "You are in a highly responsible profession. You have the responsibility to look into the growth of civilization and of the next generation. We filmmakers look upon you as God. So guide us in your reviews, tell us where we lack, and how we can improve. But do not mock us. Creative people are extra sensitive, so talk like a mother, not like an opponent."
FCCI Award for the Best Indian Film of the Year 
- FCCI Award for the Best Indian Film of 20171: Village Rockstars (directed by Rima Das)
- FCCI Award for the Best Indian Film of 20162: Thithi (directed by Raam Reddy)
- FCCI Award for the Best Indian Film of 20153: Court (directed by Chaitanya Tamhane)
1Best Indian Film censored in India in 2017 and/or released anywhere in the world in 2017
2Best Indian film released in India in 2016 and/or released outside India in 2016
3Best Indian film theatrically released in India in 2015
FCCI Award at film festivals
- FCCI Award for Best Indian Short Fiction Film at Kautik International Student Film Festival-2018: Orukkam. "For its subtle, sensitive handling of the dual theme of the plight of senior citizens, and of mercy killing."
- Critics Award for Best Short Fiction at SASFF-2018: Statement After My Poet Husband's Death/ Bangladesh/ Bengali/ 2016/15M/ Dir. Tasmiah Afrin Mou.
- Critics Award for Best Documentary at SASFF-2018: Liquid Borders/ India/ English/ 2015/ 40M/ Dir. Barnali Ray Shukla.
- FCCI Award for Best Indian Film at ALIIFF-2016: The Violin Player (directed by Bauddhayan Mukherji).“For the sensitive portrayal of conflict between the artistic vision of ideal life and harsh realities of the contemporary city life, depicted in an innovative and minimalistic style.” 
- FCCI Award for Best Debut Director at HBFF-2016: Debesh Chattopadhyay (Natoker Moto). “For the sensitive cinematic portrayal of the struggle of a dedicated artistic soul in a powerful visual odyssey that reinforces cinema, theater and lived life.” 
FCCI panels at film festivalsEdit
ALIIFF-2016: Impact of social media on critics 
Baradwaj Rangan: "Social media has taken away the aspect of word-of-mouth and has kind of separated it from film criticism, which is, I think, the best thing that has ever happened, because, far too often, people mistake film criticism from something that should tell them whether or not they should go watch a film."
Mayank Shekhar: "As Baradwaj pointed out, film criticism has various approaches - historical, social... The journalistic approach has traditionally been about newly-released films. The reader basically just wants to know if the reviewer at the end of the day liked the film or not."
IFFI-2014: Does technology kill good cinema and sensitivity? 
M.K. Raghavendra: "Kubrick’s futuristic masterpiece '2001: A Space Odyssey' was made in 1968. In the last forty-six years nobody has made a film with a similarly profound influence on how we think, despite the revolutionary changes in technology. Emotions do not need fresh technology, and some stories are never remade".
Rashmi Doraiswamy: "Films today are shot and edited non-linearly; even a piece of music is recorded non-continuously, with stops between each line of singing. Original is no more relevant in this synthetic culture of packaged entertainment. Reality and technology both are fragmented to today’s connected generation, influencing each other".
Ashok Rane: "In an industry where the producers want to use magic technologies without even thinking about story, plot or characters, technology is doing more harm than benefit. There is a growing tendency where even low budget films try to use chroma and multi-point tracking, most of the time in pathetic ways".
Books on cinema by FCCI members (incomplete)Edit
- 100 Years of Indian Cinema /Premendra Mazumder
- 24 Frames / Utpal Datta
- 25 Loka Cinemakal /G.P. Ramachandran
- 25 Daring Women of Bollywood /Deepa Gahlot
- 2:50 Films that Deserve a New Audience /Deepa Gahlot
- A Life in Veil: Suchitra Sen /Ratnottama Sengupta
- Alivinte Mandarangal /Madhu Eravankara
- Asian Film Journeys: Selections from Cinemaya /Rashmi Doraiswamy, et al.
- Asoumiya Chalachitrar Chaa-Pohar /Apurba Sarma
- Barley Vayalukale Ulaykkunna Kattu /Madhu Eravankara
- Being and Becoming: the Cinemas of Asia /Rashmi Doraiswamy, et al.
- Chalachitra / Utpal Datta
- Chalachitra Katha / Edited by Utpal Datta
- Cinema Talkies /C. S. Venkiteswaran
- Cinemayum Malayaliyude Jeevithavum /G.P. Ramachandran
- Cinemayum Prathaiyayasasthravum /V. K. Joseph
- Cinemayum Sahithyavum /Madhu Eravankara
- Cinemchi Goshta /Anil Zankar
- Cinemayile Avismaraneeyar /Madhu Eravankara
- Conversations with Mani Ratnam /Baradwaj Rangan
- Desham Pauratwam Cinema /V. K. Joseph
- Dispatches from the Wall /Baradwaj Rangan
- Echoes and Eloquences: the Life and Cinema of Gulzar /Saibal Chatterjee
- Encyclopaedia of Hindi Cinema /Anil Zankar, Ratnottama Sengupta, Saibal Chatterjee, et al.
- Encyclopedia of Postcolonial Literatures, Ed 2, Vol 1 /Rashmi Doraiswamy, et al.
- Film Society Movement: a Success of Failure /Premendra Mazumder
- Guru Dutt: Through Light and Shade /Rashmi Doraiswamy
- Handbook of Indian Cinemas /Anil Zankar, et al.
- Hindi Commercial Cinema: Changing Narrative Strategies in Frames of Mind: Reflections on Indian Cinema /Rashmi Doraiswamy, et al.
- Hollywood Bollywood: the Politics of Crossover Films /Saibal Chatterjee, Utpal Borpujari, et al.
- Idiocy and Civilisation: A Study of Dostoevsky’s The Idiot in The Russian Enigma /Rashmi Doraiswamy, et al.
- Image and Imagination: Reconstructing the Nation, in ‘India: A National Culture /Rashmi Doraiswamy
- India: a National Culture /Rashmi Doraiswamy, et al.
- Indian Cinemayil Ninnu Indiaye Kandethumpol /G.P. Ramachandran
- Indian Film Culture: Indian Cinema /Amit Khanna, Dalton L, Ganesh Matkari, Manoj Barpujari, Premendra Mazumder, Rashmi Doraiswamy, Siladitya Sen, Sukanya Verma, et al.
- Jaane Bhi Do Yaaro: Seriously Funny Since 1983 /Jai Arjun Singh
- Kaalathinte Adarukal /Madhu Eravankara
- Kapoor (The Legends of Indian Cinema) /Deepa Gahlot
- King Khan /Deepa Gahlot
- Loka Cinema Kazhchayum Sthalakaalangalum /G.P. Ramachandran
- Loka Cinema Yathrakal /G.P. Ramachandran
- Loka Cinemayude Moonnam Kannu /Madhu Eravankara
- Machu-Machu, Shaktam Makhal-Makhal /R.K. Bidur Singh
- Malayala Cinema Padanangal /C. S. Venkiteswaran
- Malayala Cinema: Desam, Bhasha, Samskaram /G.P. Ramachandran
- Mughal-e-Azam: Legend as Epic /Anil Zankar
- Popcorn Essayists, The /Jai Arjun Singh
- Post-Soviet Condition: Chingiz Aitmatov in the ’90s, The /Rashmi Doraiswamy
- Reflections on Indian Cinema /Rashmi Doraiswamy, et al.
- Tharasancharangal /C.S. Venkiteswaran
- World of Hrishikesh Mukherjee, The /Jai Arjun Singh
- Yathrakal: KR Mohanante Cinema /C. S. Venkiteswaran
Other important film critics societies in IndiaEdit
- Indian body of FIPRESCI
- Indian Film Critics Association
Other important film bodies in IndiaEdit
- "Critics' opinions impact filmmakers: Subhash Ghai". The Hindu. 2013-11-26. ISSN 0971-751X. Retrieved 2016-10-30.
- "IFFI 2014 PANEL DISCUSSION SESSION - 1 Have newspapers replaced literature in cinema?". goaprism.com. Retrieved 2017-06-02.
- "Hyderabad Bengali Film Festival kicks off in style". deccanchronicle.com. Retrieved 2017-06-02.
- "Film appreciation camp- The New Indian Express". newindianexpress.com. Retrieved 2017-06-02.
- "Opinions of critics impact filmmakers: Subhash Ghai - The Hindu". thehindu.com. Retrieved 2017-06-02.
- "Film Critics Circle Of India". filmcriticscircle.com. Retrieved 2017-06-02.
- "All Lights India International Film Festival | ALIIFF". aliiff.com. Retrieved 2017-06-02.
- "Awards – Hyderabad Bengali Film Festival". hbff.in. Retrieved 2017-06-02.
- "Screening Room: Everyone is a critic - Magazine - The Hindu". thehindu.com. Retrieved 2017-06-02.
- "Frame work - Delhi - The Hindu". thehindu.com. Retrieved 2017-06-02.