Felix English (born 11 October 1992) is a professional cyclist from Brighton who rides for Ireland.
|Full name||Felix English|
|Born||11 October 1992|
|Height||177 cm (5 ft 10 in)|
|Weight||68 kg (150 lb)|
|Current team||Madison Genesis|
|Rider type||Track Endurence|
|Preston Park Youth CC|
English rides on the road and on the track. As a junior, he won five British national titles until he decided in 2010 to represent Ireland, the home country of his parents. In September 2010, he set a new Irish Junior record during a track meeting in Apeldoorn, 1:07.9 over 1000 metres. At the 2010 UEC European Track Championships, English surprisingly defeated Sir Chris Hoy in the first round of the sprint event.
In 2012, English won the fourth stage of the Irish Sea Tour of the North. Twice he started at UCI Road World Championships. In 2012, he became Irish National Criterium Champion. In the same year he started to ride for the UCI Continental Team Rapha Condor-JLT and also for the Irish national Team.
In 2013, English established himself as one of the leading criterium riders in the UK - taking victories in the British Elite Circuit Series and The Milk Race.
In 2014, English showed his potential on the world stage taking 2nd in the first round of the Mitchelton Bay Criteriums and winning the overall sprinters jersey. He then went on to the heavily contested Jayco Herald Sun Tour where he took 4th place in the opening prologue - picking up the young rider leaders jersey - and taking 3rd place in the bunch sprint on stage 3.
- 1st Stage 3 Isle of Man International Junior Tour
- 1st Mountains classification Irish International Junior Tour
- 1st Prologue
- 1st Stage 6
- 2nd National U23 Time Trial Championship
- 3rd Imperial Winter Series Hillingdon
- 7th National Time Trial Championship
- 1st National Criterium Championship
- 1st Stage 4 Sea Tour of the North
- 4th National U23 Time Trial Championship
- 5th Eddie Soens Memorial
- 1st The Milk Race
- 1st British Cycling Elite Circuit Series Otley
- 3rd British Cycling Elite Circuit Series Colne
- 3rd East Yorkshire Classic Roadrace
- 3rd Overall British Elite Circuit Series, Great Britain
- 4th Pearl Izumi Tour Series Kirkcaldy
- 5th British Elite Circuit Series Sheffield
- 7th Boucles d'Artois Time Trial
- 1st Pearl Izumi Tour Series TTT Stoke
- 1st Pearl Izumi Tour Series Aberystwyth
- 1st Pearl Izumi Tour Series Overall
- 2nd Geelong Bay Crits Round 1
- 2nd Pearl Izumi Tour Series Redditch
- 2nd Jupiter London Nocturne
- 5th Eddie Soens Memorial
- 5th The Milk Race
- 5th Pearl Izumi Tour Series Peterborough
- 8th Pearl Izumi Tour Series Barrow
- 9th Pearl Izumi Tour Series Canary Wharf
- 10th Pearl Izumi Tour Series Stoke
- 1st Beverley Grand Prix
- 3rd Colne Grand Prix
- 7th Otley Grand Prix
- UCI Track World Cup
- Felix English interview: Irishman motivated after his David vs Goliath role with Hoy velonation.com 11 November 2010
- New National Records Archived 2011-03-02 at the Wayback Machine cyclingireland.ie, 12 November 2010
- Chris Hoy suffers shock Poland defeat to Felix English news.bbc.co.uk, 6 November 2010
- Wynn, Nigel (18 November 2015). "Mark Cavendish to coach young Madison-Genesis riders". Cycling Weekly. Retrieved 21 March 2016.
- "Felix English (JLT Condor) wins thrilling Beverley Grand Prix". British Cycling. 24 July 2015. Retrieved 1 August 2015.
- "Colne Grand Prix win for Raleigh GAC's Andrew Hawdon in Elite Circuit Series". British Cycling. 15 July 2015. Retrieved 15 July 2015.
- Wynn, Nigel; Jones, Andy (2 July 2015). "Dan McLay and Annasley Park win Otley Grand Pix races (video)". Cycling Weekly. Retrieved 10 July 2015.
- "Track Cycling World Cup: Mark Downey and Felix English win Madison race". BBC. 27 February 2017. Retrieved 27 February 2017.