This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Carlos Efrén Reyes Rosado (born May 2, 1991), better known by his stage name Farruko, is a Puerto Rican singer and songwriter. He rose to fame collaborating with heavyweight artists such as Daddy Yankee, Jory, and J Alvarez. He came to prominence in 2010 with his debut studio album, El Talento Del Bloque.
Carlos Efrén Reyes Rosado
May 2, 1991
|Net worth||$3 million (2017)|
Farruko began his career in 2009. He credits Myspace with helping him create a fan base that would eventually result in him becoming a popular singer. In 2011, Farruko appears on a song with José Feliciano called Su hija me gusta, where a young man tells a father I like your daughter. As his style developed he typically directed his music to younger people and relationships. As his songs grew in popularity online, Puerto Rican radio stations picked up on the internet hype and began to broadcast Farruko to a wider audience, solidifying his presence in the Reggaeton scene.
Rise to fameEdit
Farruko was nominated for the Latin Grammy Award for Best Urban Music Album in 2012. In the Summer of 2014, Farruko's success would be forever changed by his new songs, "Passion Whine" and "6 AM", both with J Balvin, reaching spots 1 and 2 respectively, surpassing his own self and the success of 6 AM. Passion Whine ranked on the Top Latin Songs list, published by Monitor Latino, for 26 consecutive weeks. Alternating between the first 20 positions for such a long time is considered very impressive and was seen as a great achievement. The song "6 AM" earned him nominations twice at Premios Juventud for Best Urban Fusion/Performance for "6 AM" and Best Urban Song at the 15th Annual Latin Grammy Awards.
He has been the lead singer or a feature on many of the top performing songs of the past few years inlcuding "Krippy Kush," "Inolvidable," "Quiereme," and "Calma (Remix)." Farruko has collaborated with many artists including Bad Bunny, J Balvin, Nicki Minaj, Travis Scott, and Wisin & Yandel.
On April 3, 2018, Farruko was arrested in Puerto Rico, accused of hiding $52,000 in undeclared cash in shoes and luggage when returning from a trip to the Dominican Republic.
- 2010–2011: El Talento Del Bloque Tour
- 2012: TMPR Tour
- 2013: El Imperio Nazza Farruko Edition Tour
- 2015: Los Menores Tour Bus
- 2016: Visionary World Tour
- 2017: TrapXFicante Tour
- Gomez, Shirley (July 18, 2017). "Richest Reggaeton Artists: 15 Urban Music Singers with Fat Bank Accounts and Fit Bodies". Latin Times. Newsweek Media Group.
- "Farruko, Allmusic". Retrieved February 2, 2013.
- Gomez, Luis (August 18, 2015). "Interview: Puerto Rican reggaeton singer Farruko eyeing U.S. market". Chicago Tribune. Retrieved 30 May 2018.
- "Farruko: "Un honor grabar con Feliciano" - Hoy Digital". November 15, 2011. Archived from the original on November 15, 2011.
- Romero, Angie (September 25, 2012). "Latin Grammy Awards 2012 Full List of Nominees". ABC News. Retrieved 30 May 2018.