Family tree of Sima Yi
Sima Yi (179–251) was a general, politician and regent of the state of Cao Wei (220–266) in the Three Kingdoms period (220–280) in China. Two of his sons, Sima Shi (208–255) and Sima Zhao (211–265), rose to power in the 250s and consecutively served as regents throughout the reigns of the last three Wei emperors. After Sima Zhao died in September 265, his son Sima Yan (236–290) forced the last Wei ruler, Cao Huan (246–303), to abdicate the throne in his favour in February 266, ending the Wei regime and establishing the Jin dynasty (265–420). This article contains the family trees of Sima Yi, his brothers, and their descendants up to Sima Yan's generation. For more details on the family trees of the Jin emperors (Sima Yan's generation and beyond), see Chinese emperors family tree (early)#Jin Dynasty and Chu.
Sima Fang and earlierEdit
Sima Fang had eight sons (ranked in decreasing order of seniority) – Sima Lang, Sima Yi, Sima Fu, Sima Kui, Sima Xun, Sima Jin, Sima Tong and Sima Min – who were collectively known as the "Eight Das" because their courtesy names all contained the Chinese character da (達). Sima Fang's father was Sima Jun (司馬儁). Sima Jun's father was Sima Liang. Sima Liang's father was Sima Jun (司馬鈞). Sima Jun (司馬鈞) was an eighth-generation descendant of Sima Ang. Sima Ang descended from Cheng Boxiufu. Cheng Boxiufu was a descendant of Chongli, a son of Gaoyang.
1Sima Wang was actually Sima Fu's son. He succeeded his uncle Sima Lang.
Sima Yi had four wives: Zhang Chunhua, Lady Fu, Lady Zhang and Lady Bai. Zhang Chunhua bore him three sons and a daughter: Sima Shi, Sima Zhao, Sima Gan and Princess Nanyang (personal name unknown). Princess Nanyang married Xun Yun's son Xun Yi. Xun Yun was Xun Yu's son. Lady Fu bore him four sons: Sima Liang, Sima Zhou, Sima Jing and Sima Jun. Lady Zhang bore him a son, Sima Rong. Lady Bai bore him another son, Sima Lun. Sima Yi had another daughter – Princess Gaolingxuan (personal name unknown) – who was married to Du Yu. The identity of Princess Gaolingxuan's mother is not known.
1The Sanguozhi mentioned that Xun Yi married a younger sister of Sima Shi and Sima Zhao, but did not specifically mention that she was Princess Nanyang. It is assumed that this "younger sister" of Sima Shi and Sima Zhao was Princess Nanyang because she was their only biological sister, according to the Jin Shu.
/ Qin Bonan
|Lady of |
Yang Huiyu was the daughter of Yang Chen and Lady Cai. She had two brothers: Yang Cheng (elder) and Yang Hu (younger). Yang Chen's father was Yang Xu. Lady Cai had a sister, Cai Wenji, and their father was Cai Yong. Yang Huiyu did not have any sons with Sima Shi. It is not known if she bore him any daughters.
Xiahou Hui was the daughter of Xiahou Shang and the Lady of Deyang District (personal name unknown). Her brother was Xiahou Xuan. The Lady of Deyang District was Cao Zhen's younger sister. Xiahou Hui bore Sima Shi five daughters but no sons. One of the five daughters was married to Zhen De but she died early. The names of the five daughters are not known.
Sima Zhao had nine sons and two daughters. Five of his sons – Sima Yan, Sima You, Sima Zhao, Sima Dingguo and Sima Guangde – were born to his wife Wang Yuanji, but only the two eldest survived childhood. Wang Yuanji also bore him a daughter – Princess Jingzhao, whose personal name is unknown. Princess Jingzhao married Zhen De after Zhen's first wife (Sima Shi's daughter) died early. Wang Yuanji's father was Wang Su. Wang Su's father was Wang Lang. Sima Zhao's four other sons – Sima Jian, Sima Ji, Sima Yongzuo and Sima Yanzuo – were not born to Wang Yuanji. Sima Yongzuo and Sima Yanzuo both died young. The identities of their mothers are unknown. Sima Zhao's other daughter, Princess Changshan, married Wang Ji (王濟), a grandson of Wang Chang. The identity of her mother is also unknown.
Sima Liang had five sons: Sima Sui, Sima Ju, Sima Yang, Sima Zong and Sima Xi.
Sima Zhou married Lady Zhuge, Zhuge Dan's daughter. They had four sons: Sima Jin, Sima Dan, Sima Yao and Sima Cui. Sima Dan's wife, Lady Guo, was a sister-in-law of Empress Jia Nanfeng. Sima Jin's wife was Xiahou Guangji. Xiahou Guangji was the daughter of Xiahou Zhuang, the son of Xiahou Wei and a grandson of Xiahou Yuan.
|(eight other sons,|
Sima Lun had four sons: Sima Kua, Sima Fu, Sima Qian and Sima Xu.
Sima Gui (Zizhang) had no son. He was succeeded by his nephew Sima Ji, a son of Sima Fu (Prince Cheng of Taiyuan).
Sima Heng had no son. He was succeeded by his nephew Sima Dun, the fourth son of Sima Yong (Zikui).
Sima Jing's son was Sima Tao.
Sima Fu (Prince Cheng of Taiyuan)'s son was Sima Hong.
Sima Yi (Zishi) was succeeded by his nephew Sima Cheng, a son of Sima Yong (Zikui).
- 1Sima Ji was actually Sima Fu (Prince Cheng of Taiyuan)'s son. He succeeded his uncle Sima Gui (Zizhang).
- 2Sima Dun was actually Sima Yong (Zikui)'s son. He succeeded his uncle Sima Heng.
- 3Sima Cheng was actually Sima Yong (Zikui)'s son. He succeeded his uncle Sima Yi (Zishi).
Sima Kui had three sons: Sima Quan, Sima Tai and Sima Sui. Sima Quan's son was Sima Zhi. Sima Tai had four sons: Sima Yue, Sima Teng, Sima Lue and Sima Mo. Sima Sui's son was Sima Xiao.
Sima Xun's son was Sima Sui. Sima Sui had two sons: Sima Dan and Sima Ji.
Sima Tong had three sons: Sima Ling, Sima Shun and Sima Bin. Sima Ling's son was Sima Ji. Sima Bin's son was Sima Yin.
- (安平獻王孚字叔達，宣帝次弟也。初，孚長兄朗字伯達，宣帝字仲達，孚弟馗字季達，恂字顯達，進字惠達，通字雅達，敏字幼達，俱知名，故時號為「八達」焉。) Jin Shu vol. 37.
- (司馬彪序傳曰：朗祖父儁，字元異， ... 父防，字建公， ... 有子八人，朗最長，次即晉宣皇帝也。) Xu Zhuan annotation in Sanguozhi vol. 15.
- (其先出自帝高陽之子重黎， ... 其後程伯休父， ... 楚漢間，司馬卬為趙將， ... 自卬八世，生征西將軍鈞，字叔平。鈞生豫章太守量，字公度。量生潁川太守儁，字元異。儁生京兆尹防，字建公。帝即防之第二子也。) Jin Shu vol. 1.
- (司馬朗字伯達，河內溫人也。 ... 明帝即位，封朗子遺昌武亭侯，邑百戶。朗弟孚又以子望繼朗後。遺薨，望子洪嗣。) Sanguozhi vol. 15.
- (晉諸公贊曰：望字子初，孚之長子。 ... 洪字孔業，封河間王。) Jin Zhugong Zan annotation in Sanguozhi vol. 15.
- (景皇帝諱師，字子元，宣帝長子也。 ... 文皇帝諱昭，字子上，景帝之母弟也。) Jin Shu vol. 2.
- (后少有德行，智識過人，生景帝、文帝、平原王幹、南陽公主。) Jin Shu vol. 31.
- (霬妻，司馬景王、文王之妹也，二王皆與親善。) Sanguozhi vol. 10.
- (清惠亭侯京字子佐， ...) Jin Shu vol. 38.
- (宣帝九男，穆張皇后生景帝、文帝、平原王榦，伏夫人生汝南文成王亮、琅邪武王伷、清惠亭侯京、扶風武王駿，張夫人生梁王肜，柏夫人生趙王倫。) Jin Shu vol. 38.
- (案杜預尚晉宣帝第二女高陵宣公主，晉武踐祚，而主已亡，泰始中追贈公主，元凱無復駙馬之號。) Chen Shu vol. 17.
- (無子，以武陵王澹子禧為後，是為懷王。) Jin Shu vol. 38.
- (清惠亭侯京字子佐，魏末以公子賜爵。年二十四薨，追贈射聲校尉，以文帝子機字太玄為嗣。) Jin Shu vol. 38.
- (景懷皇后崩，景帝更娶鎮北將軍濮陽吳質女，見黜，復納后，無子。) Jin Shu vol. 31.
- (景獻羊皇后諱徽瑜，泰山南城人。父茞，上黨太守；后母陳留蔡氏，漢左中郎將邕之女也。) Jin Shu vol. 31.
- (羊祜字叔子， ... 祖續，仕漢南陽太守。父茞，上黨太守。祜，蔡邕外孫，景獻皇后同產弟。 ... 初，發與祜同母兄承俱得病， ...) Jin Shu vol. 34.
- (后無男，生五女。) Jin Shu vol. 31.
- (太和六年，明帝愛女淑薨，追封謚淑為平原懿公主，為之立廟。取后亡從孫黃與合葬，追封黃列侯，以夫人郭氏從弟德為之後，承甄氏姓，封德為平原侯，襲公主爵。) Sanguozhi vol. 5.
- (晉諸公贊曰：德字彥孫。司馬景王輔政，以女妻德。妻早亡，文王復以女繼室，即京兆長公主。) Jin Zhugong Zan annotation in Sanguozhi vol. 5.
- (文明王皇后諱元姬，東海郯人也。父肅，魏中領軍、蘭陵侯。 ... 祖朗甚愛異之， ... 既笄，歸于文帝，生武帝及遼東悼王定國、齊獻王攸、城陽哀王兆、廣漢殤王廣德、京兆公主。) Jin Shu vol. 31.
- (文帝九男，文明王皇后生武帝、齊獻王攸、城陽哀王兆、遼東悼惠王定國、廣漢殤王廣德，其樂安平王鑒、燕王機、皇子永祚、樂平王延祚不知母氏。燕王機繼清惠亭侯，別有傳。永祚早亡，無傳。) Jin Shu vol. 38.
- (武皇帝諱炎，字安世，文帝長子也。) Jin Shu vol. 3.
- (齊獻王攸字大猷。 ... 城陽哀王兆字千秋， ... 樂安平王鑒字大明， ... 樂平王延祚字大思， ... 以文帝子機字太玄為嗣。) Jin Shu vol. 38.
- (《晉書》曰：王濟，字武子。少知名，尚武帝妹常山公主。公主妒忌，兩目失明，終無子。) Taiping Yulan vol. 152.
- (有二子，世子廣早卒，次子永以太熙中封安德縣公，散騎常侍，皆為善士。) Jin Shu vol. 38.
- (汝南文成王亮字子翼，宣帝第四子也。 ... 有五子：粹、矩、羕、宗、熙。粹字茂弘。早卒。矩字延明。 ... 羕字延年。 ... 宗字延祚。) Jin Shu vol. 59.
- (子恭王覲立。又封次子澹為武陵王，繇為東安王，漼為淮陵王。覲字思祖， ... 武陵莊王澹字思弘。 ... 澹妻郭氏，賈后內妹也。 ... 東安王繇字思玄。 ... 東夷校尉文俶父欽為繇外祖諸葛誕所殺， ... 淮陵元王漼字思沖。) Jin Shu vol. 38.
- (元夏侯太妃名光姬，沛國譙人也。祖威，兗州刺史。父莊，字仲容，淮南太守、清明亭侯。妃生自華宗，幼而明慧。琅邪武王為世子覲納焉，生元帝。) Jin Shu vol. 31.
- (覲妃譙國夏侯氏，字銅環，與金姦通，遂生叡，因冒姓司馬，仍為覲子。) Wei Shu vol. 96.
- (有子十人，暢、歆最知名。暢字玄舒。 ... 新野莊王歆字弘舒。) Jin Shu vol. 38.
- (趙王倫字子彝，宣帝第九子也，母曰柏夫人。 ... 以其世子散騎常侍荂領冗從僕射；子馥前將軍，封濟陽王；虔黃門郎，封汝陰王；詡散騎侍郎，封霸城侯。) Jin Shu vol. 59.
- (安平獻王孚字叔達，宣帝次弟也。 ... 九子：邕、望、輔、翼、晃、瓌、珪、衡、景。) Jin Shu vol. 37.
- (太原烈王瓌字子泉， ... 子顒立， ...) Jin Shu vol. 37.
- (河間王顒字文載，安平獻王孚孫，太原烈王瑰之子也。) Jin Shu vol. 59.
- (高陽元王珪字子璋， ... 無子，詔以太原王輔子緝襲爵。) Jin Shu vol. 37.
- (常山孝王衡字子平， ... 無子，以安平世子邕第四子敦為嗣。) Jin Shu vol. 37.
- (沛順王景字子文， ... 子韜立。) Jin Shu vol. 37.
- (太原成王輔， ... 子弘立， ...) Jin Shu vol. 37.
- (翼字子世， ... 以兄邕之支子承為嗣， ...) Jin Shu vol. 37.
- (邕字子魁。 ... 邕子崇為世孫， ... 立崇弟平陽亭侯隆為安平王。) Jin Shu vol. 37.
- (義陽成王望字子初，出繼伯父朗， ... 四子：弈、洪、整、楙。 ... 河間平王洪字孔業，出繼叔父昌武亭侯遺。 ... 隨穆王整，兄弈卒，以整為世子。 ... 竟陵王楙字孔偉， ...) Jin Shu vol. 37.
- (下邳獻王晃字子明， ... 二子：裒、綽。) Jin Shu vol. 37.
- (彭城穆王權字子輿，宣帝弟魏魯相東武城侯馗之子也。 ... 咸寧元年薨，子元王植立。) Jin Shu vol. 37.
- (高密文獻王泰字子舒，彭城穆王權之弟， ... 泰四子：越、騰、略、模。 ... 孝王略字元簡， ... 新蔡武哀王騰字元邁， ... 南陽王模字元表， ...) Jin Shu vol. 37.
- (東海孝獻王越字元超，高密王泰之次子也。) Jin Shu vol. 59.
- (范陽康王綏字子都，彭城王權季弟也。 ... 咸寧五年薨，子虓立焉。虓字武會， ...) Jin Shu vol. 37.
- (濟南惠王遂字子伯，宣帝弟魏鴻臚丞恂之子也。 ... 二子：耽、緝。) Jin Shu vol. 37.
- (譙剛王遜字子悌，宣帝弟魏中郎進之子也。 ... 二子：隨、承。 ... 閔王承字敬才， ...) Jin Shu vol. 37.
- (高陽王睦字子友，譙王遜之弟也。 ... 薨於位，世子蔚早卒， ...) Jin Shu vol. 37.
- (任城景王陵字子山，宣帝弟魏司隸從事安城亭侯通之子也。 ... 咸寧五年薨，子濟立。 ... 有二弟：順、斌。順字子思， ... 西河繆王斌字子政， ... 咸寧四年薨，子隱立。) Jin Shu vol. 37.