Fahrettin Koca (born 2 January 1965) is a Turkish physician and politician. He is the Minister of Health of the 66th government of Turkey. He is from Konya, Kulu, Tavşancalı village (originally known as Ömeranlı).
|Minister of Health|
|Assumed office |
10 July 2018
|President||Recep Tayyip Erdoğan|
|Preceded by||Ahmet Demircan|
|Born||2 January 1965|
|Alma mater||Istanbul University|
Early life and careerEdit
Fahrettin Koca was born on 2 January 1965 in the village Ömeranlı of Konya's Kulu district. He completed his primary and secondary education in Konya and high school in Bursa. After graduating from Istanbul University Medical School in 1988, he received the title of medical doctor. He completed his specialization in the Department of Child Health and Diseases at the Istanbul University Cerrahpaşa Medical School.
Koca became a pediatrician in 1995. He worked as a doctor and medical director in various health institutions.
He was the Chairman of the Board of Trustees of Istanbul Medipol University, which was founded in 2009 by the Education Health and Research Foundation (TESA), of which he was the founding president. He is a member of the Turkish Pediatrics Institution, the Pediatric Metabolism and Nutrition Association and the Private Hospitals Health Institutions Association (OHSAD). He is also the Vice President of the Business Council of the Foreign Economic Relations Council (DEİK) Education Committee and the President of the University Hospitals Association.
Fighting Covid-19 pandemicEdit
Fahrettin Koca, Turkey's fight against the pandemic, the World Health Organization said that continued global cooperation, especially at the highest level with all stakeholders. He explained that social distance and the use of surgical masks are important against the COVID-19 pandemic. He said, "Let's fight together against the common enemy".
After the 2018 general elections held in accordance with the amendments from the 2017 Turkish constitutional referendum, Koca was appointed as the Minister of Health by President Recep Tayyip Erdoğan. He took office on 10 July 2018.
- "Presidency Of The Republic Of Turkey : Fahrettin KOCA". www.tccb.gov.tr. Retrieved 2020-03-13.
- "Turkish man tested positive for coronavirus in first case for country – health minister". Ahval. Retrieved 2020-03-13.
- McKernan, Bethan (2020-03-11). "Turkey announces its first case of coronavirus". The Guardian. ISSN 0261-3077. Retrieved 2020-03-13.
- "Nişanyan Yeradları". nisanyanmap.com. Retrieved 2020-05-16.
- "Tavşancalı düğün videosu".
- "Saglik Bakani Fahrettin Koca kimdir?". Aksam (in Turkish). 11 July 2018. Retrieved 12 March 2020.
- "Bakan Koca, DSÖ'ye Türkiye'nin Covid-19 Mücadelesini Anlattı" (in Turkish). Turkey's Health Ministry. 2020-04-30.
- "Sağlık Bakanı Koca: Ortak düşmana karşı birlikte mücadele edelim" (in Turkish). Anadolu Agency. 2020-09-11.
- "Minister". T.C. Saglik Bakanligi. Ministry of Health. Retrieved 12 March 2020.
| Minister of Health
10 July 2018–present