Football Club de Martigues, known as FC Martigues, is a French professional football club that currently play in the Championnat National 2, which is the fourth level of football in France. The club was founded in 1921 and played regional football until the early 1970s when they gained promotion to the professional Second Division.
|Full name||Football Club de Martigues|
|Ground||Stade Francis Turcan, Martigues|
|League||National 2 Group A|
|2016–17||CFA Group D, 11th|
The club's greatest achievement was winning promotion to the First Division in 1993. The club played for three seasons in the top flight, until it was relegated down to Ligue 2 in 1996. A failed attempt to win promotion at once was followed by relegation to the Championnat National (third level) in 1998. Two years later the club won promotion back to Second Division, but only remained at that level for two seasons.
In 2002, the club was relegated again and after another near miss at promotion in 2003, financial problems saw the club go into liquidation and reform in the Championnat de France Amateur. They finished the 2006–2007 season in the Championnat National as 14th. They were relegated to CFA in 2007–2008 season as 19th in the Championnat National.
As of 9 April 2018.
Note: Flags indicate national team as defined under FIFA eligibility rules. Players may hold more than one non-FIFA nationality.
- Georges Kramer:1945–1946
- René Dambrine :1947–1948
- Robert Costamagna :1948–1951
- Fernand Voisembert :1951–1953
- Alberto Molina :1953–1955
- René Défossé :1955–1957
- Roger Huart :1957–1962
- Emile Daniel :1962–1965
- Valentin Navarro :1965–1966
- Francis Péri :1966–1967
- Jacques Sucré :1967–1980
- Yves Herbet :1980–1982
- Henri Noël :1982 – December 1984
- Michel Legros :December 1984 – 1985
- Yves Herbet :1985 – January 1988
- Paul Orsatti :January 1988 – 1992
- Christian Sarramagna :1992–1994
- René Exbrayat : 1994 – March 1996
- Patrick Parizon :March 1996 – September 1998
- Yves Herbet and Mahmoud Guendouz: September 1998 – 1999
- Christian Dalger :1999 – October 1999
- Mahmoud Guendouz: October 1999 – December 2000
- Christian Caminiti :December 2000 – October 2001
- Guy David :October–December 2001
- Baptiste Gentili :December 2001 – 2002
- Michel Estevan:2002 – January 2003
- Roland Gransart: January 2003-2003
- Franck N'Dioro : 2003 – February 2004
- Michel Estevan : February–November 2004
- Patrice Eyraud : November 2004 – 2008
- Claude Calabuig : 2008–2010
- Franck Priou : 2010–2011
- Jérôme Erceau : 2011–2012
- Jean-Luc Vannuchi : 2012–2014
- Franck Priou : 2014–2016
- Franck N'Dioro : 2016–2017
- Farid Fouzari : 2017
- Éric Chelle : 2017–
- "Equipe 1/L'Effectif" (in French). FC Martigues Official Site. Retrieved 9 April 2018.
- France – Trainers of First and Second Division Clubs