Erramatti Mangamma (≥74 years) is currently the oldest living mother in the world after delivering twin babies. On 5 September 2019, she became the world's oldest living mother to give birth to a child at the age of 74. The record for being the oldest mother in the world was held by Daljinder Kaur who gave birth to a baby boy at the age of 72.
|Known for||currently world's oldest mother|
|Spouse(s)||Raja Rao (m. 1962)|
The couple are believed to have consulted several doctors for a long time and finally, they gave birth to twins after consulting a village doctor Shanakkalaya Umashankar in November 2018. The couple delivered twin baby girls for the first time after their marriage in 1962. Erramatti delivered her twin babies on 5 September 2019 after being conceived through the process of in-vitro fertilisation via caesarean in Guntur town of Hyderabad. In fact, she also became the oldest mother to give birth to twins.
- "'Oldest' mum alive delivers twins at the age of 74". DNA India. 2019-09-06. Retrieved 2019-09-06.
- Desk, India TV News (2019-09-05). "VIRAL: Hyderabad woman, aged 74, sets world record by giving birth to twins". www.indiatvnews.com. Retrieved 2019-09-06.
- "74 வயதில் இரட்டை குழந்தைகளை பெற்றெடுத்த சாதனை பாட்டி". Dailythnathi.com. 2019-09-05. Retrieved 2019-09-06.
- "First time in India, 74-year-old woman to give birth to twins". https://english.newstracklive.com/. Retrieved 2019-09-06. External link in
- "Miracle of Birth: 74-year-old Erramatti Mangamma becomes mother to twin girls in Andhra Pradesh | Latest News & Updates at DNAIndia.com". DNA India. Retrieved 2019-09-06.
- "74-year-old Andhra woman delivers twin girls, may be the oldest ever to give birth". www.timesnownews.com. Retrieved 2019-09-06.