|Look up enlightenment, Enlightenment, enlighten, or enlightened in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Enlightenment, enlighten or enlightened may refer to:
- Enlightenment (spiritual), insight or awakening to the true nature of reality
- Enlightenment in Buddhism, translation of the term bodhi "awakening"
- Age of Enlightenment, period in Western intellectual history from the late 17th to the late 18th century, centered in France but also encompassing:
- Scottish Enlightenment, period in 18th century Scotland
- American Enlightenment, intellectual culture of the British North American colonies and the early United States
- Enlightenment in Poland, ideas of the Age of Enlightenment in Poland
- Russian Enlightenment, a period in the eighteenth century in which the government in Russia began to actively encourage the proliferation of arts and sciences
- Enlightenment in Spain, came to Spain with a new dynasty, the Bourbons, subsequent reform and 'enlightened despotism'
- Modern Greek Enlightenment, an 18th-century national revival and educational movement in Greece
- Haskalah, Jewish Enlightenment, movement among European Jews in the late 18th century
- Ionian Enlightenment, the origin of ancient Greek advances in philosophy and science
- Enlighten Canberra, an annual arts and cultural festival in Canberra, Australia
- "Enlightenment", the main artistic performance in the 2012 Summer Paralympics opening ceremony
Film and televisionEdit
- Counter-Enlightenment, a term used by some 20th century commentators to describe contemporary reasoned opposition to the Age of Enlightenment
- Dark Enlightenment, an anti-democratic and reactionary movement that broadly rejects egalitarianism and Whig historiography
- All pages with titles beginning with Enlighten
| This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Enlightenment.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.