Emma Booth (actress)
Emma Booth (born 28 November 1982) is an Australian model and actress from Perth, Western Australia. The former teen model and TV star played a significant role in the 2007 film Introducing the Dwights, opposite Brenda Blethyn.
Booth at the AACTA award 2012, 31 January
|Born||28 November 1982|
Denmark, Western Australia, Australia
Dominick Joseph Luna (m. 2013)
TV and film careerEdit
Booth appeared in the 2009 horror film Blood Creek, directed by Joel Schumacher. She worked on the unreleased 2007 production Hippie Hippie Shake, an account of the Schoolkids OZ obscenity trials in the United Kingdom. Since 2009, Booth has appeared in Underbelly: The Golden Mile and had a supporting role in the 2013 Parker. In 2017, she appeared in Ben Young's critically acclaimed debut Hounds of Love as the partner of a serial killer.
In July 2017, Booth joined the hit ABC series Once Upon A Time in a recurring role for its rebooted season seven. She played the main antagonist, Mother Gothel, also known as Mother Nature, a powerful witch who is the leader of the Coven of the Eight.
At thirteen Booth was cast in The Adventures of the Bush Patrol, and at fourteen became a finalist in Girlfriend magazine's cover girl competition. By fifteen, Booth had modeled in Tokyo, Milan, Paris and New York. She later held the title of Western Australia's Model of the Year and Face of Fashion Week, for Sydney and Melbourne.
|2007||Hippie Hippie Shake||Germaine Greer||Unreleased|
|2007||Introducing the Dwights||Jill||AACTA Award for Best Actress in a Supporting Role|
FCCA Award for Best Actress – Supporting Role
|2009||The Boys Are Back||Laura|
|2009||Blood Creek||Liese Wollner|
|2016||Gods of Egypt||Nephthys|
|2016||Hounds of Love||Evelyn White||AACTA Award for Best Actress in a Leading Role|
BFF Grand Prix for Best Actress
|1996–97||The Adventures of the Bush Patrol||Dana Drysdale||Recurring role|
|2003||The Shark Net||Roberta Ainslie||TV miniseries|
|2006||Small Claims: The Reunion||Annie||TV film|
|2007||All Saints||Ruby Sparrow||Episodes: "Smoke and Mirrors", "Back on Track"|
|2007||The Circuit||Nicola||TV miniseries|
|2009||3 Acts of Murder||Sarah Corbett||TV film|
|2010||Underbelly: The Golden Mile||Kim Hollingsworth||Main role|
|2011||Cloudstreet||Rose Pickles||TV miniseries|
|2012||Jack Irish: Bad Debts||Isabel Irish||TV film|
|2013||Gothica||Madeline Usher||TV film|
|2014||Jack Irish: Dead Point||Isabel Irish||TV film|
|2015–19||Glitch||Kate Willis||Main role|
|2017–2018||Once Upon a Time||Mother Gothel/Eloise Gardener||Recurring role (season 7)|
- "Emma Booth on Instagram". Instagram. 28 November 2017. Retrieved 28 November 2017.
- Vogue Australia Emma Booth. Retrieved 15 March 2015.
- Frockwriter (21 October 2008) Fashion redux: Emma Booth. Retrieved 15 March 2015.
- Ganska, Helen (15 June 2010). "Underbelly star Emma Booth 'disgusted' at strip". Perth Now. Retrieved 14 March 2015.
- Press, Clare (8 February 2015). "Model-turned-actor Emma Booth secretly married LA musician Dominick Joseph Lunar". The Daily Telegraph. Retrieved 14 March 2015.
- Daily Mail (13 March 2014) Unwinding Down Under: Australian actress Emma Booth takes a break from her Hollywood career and hangs out in Bondi. Retrieved 15 March 2015.
- "Hippie Hippie Shake". Internet Movie Database. Retrieved 18 March 2013.
- Greer, Germaine (16 July 2007). "So Emma Booth is to play me in a raunchy film about the 60s. Can't she get an honest job?". The Guardian. Retrieved 14 March 2015.
- Clune, Richard (22 August 2009). "Emma Booth, Dougie the Pizza Boy Underbelly's star signing". The Advertiser. Retrieved 14 March 2015.
- Williams, Vanessa (15 December 2013). "Love blooms for Booth". The West Australian. Retrieved 14 March 2015.
- Groves, Don (28 October 2013). "Emma Booth embodies Shallows' Queenie". IF.com. Retrieved 14 March 2015.
- Cox, Nicole (13 June 2007). "Emma Booth's going bush". Perth Now. Retrieved 14 March 2015.
- Roberts, Amy (7 March 2015). "Hitched on the hush! Underbelly star Emma Booth reveals she SECRETLY married her boyfriend in Vegas a year-and-a-half ago". Daily Mail Australia. Retrieved 5 September 2017.
- Emma Booth (11 August 2015). "Most wonderful week ever . Almost two years ago with surprise visit from da mamma . Missing Las Vegas ! #littlewhiteweddingchapel #married #vegas #bestfriends #funtimes #love #magical #blessedlife #emmabooth". Instagram. Retrieved 5 September 2017.