Embarcadero Center is a commercial complex of five office towers, two hotels, a shopping center with more than 125 stores, bars, and restaurants, two movie theaters, and a fitness center on three levels located in San Francisco, California. There is an outdoor ice skating rink during winter months. Embarcadero Center sits on a 9.8-acre (4.0 ha) site largely bounded by Clay (to the north), Sacramento (to the south), Battery (to the west), and the Embarcadero (to the east), in the financial district of San Francisco.
Developed by Trammell Crow, David Rockefeller and John Portman, construction began with Tower One in 1971, with the last off-complex extension, Embarcadero West, completed in 1989. The two extension buildings are west of Battery.
The 4.8 million square feet (445,900 m2) complex accommodates offices for 14,000 people along with mixed-use areas accommodating retail, dining, entertainment and cinema functions.
|Embarcadero West||123 m
|34||1989||Detached from main complex |
|Le Méridien||96.36 m
|25||1988||Formerly the Park Hyatt Hotel |
- "Embarcadero Center". Emporis. Archived from the original on 9 April 2013. Retrieved 15 October 2010.
- "Embarcadero Center: History". Boston Properties. 2004. Archived from the original on 28 September 2010. Retrieved 15 October 2010.
- One Embarcadero Center at Emporis
- Two Embarcadero Center at Emporis
- Three Embarcadero Center at Emporis
- Four Embarcadero Center at Emporis
- Hyatt Regency San Francisco at Emporis
- Embarcadero West at Emporis
- Le Méridien San Francisco at Emporis
- Official Embarcadero Center website
- 360 degree panoramic photographs of San Francisco's Embarcadero Center, from Don Bain's 360° Panoramas