|Industry||Real estate information|
|Products||Real estate information products|
Emporis offers a variety of information on its public database, Emporis.com, located at www.emporis.com. Emporis is frequently cited by various media sources as an authority on building data.
Emporis previously focused exclusively on high-rise buildings and skyscrapers, which it defines as buildings "between 35 and 100 metres" tall and "at least 100 metres tall", respectively. Today, the database has expanded to include low-rise buildings and other structures.
Michael Wutzke started a website about skyscrapers in Frankfurt in 1996. In 2000 he started skyscrapers.com which was folded into Emporis in 2003.
In 2004, Stephan R. Boehm assumed the role of Chairman. Wutzke was Chief Technology Officer and managing director until 2010, when he left the company. Since then, Daniel Grözinger and Sven Schmidt are managing directors at Emporis
In 2005 Emporis formed a partnership with the Council on Tall Buildings and Urban Habitat (CTBUH), under which Emporis served as the official CTBUH high-rise buildings database until the launch of The Skyscraper Center in 2011.
In 2007 venture capital firm Neuhaus Partners and KfW Bankengruppe invested several million Euro in the company. Effective January 1, 2009, the company moved its headquarters from Darmstadt to Frankfurt. In 2011, the company moved from Frankfurt to Hamburg.
Emporis Skyscraper AwardEdit
- Also see: Emporis Skyscraper Award.
In 2000 a group of Emporis senior editors began presenting the Emporis Skyscraper Award. Eligible buildings are selected from a list of all buildings in the world at least 100 meters tall which were completed that year.
- "Emporis Company Profile". Emporis. Retrieved 2012-03-30.
- "In the Press". Emporis. Retrieved 2012-03-30.
- David Wheeldon (2013-01-08). "Gold Coast's DBI Design wins worldwide skyscraper award for Etihad Towers". Infolink Architecture & Design magazine. Retrieved 2013-08-16.
Emporis, a global provider of building information, is regarded as an international authority on highrise building design. Nominees and winners are chosen by Emporis editors - architecture experts from around the world...
- "Great American Tower Recognized as a Top Skyscraper in the World". Western & Southern Financial Group. 2012-12-07. Retrieved 2013-08-16.
Every year since 2000, Emporis’ expert international jury recognizes 10 skyscrapers completed in the previous calendar year. According to Emporis, a panel of architecture experts from all over the world judge nominated buildings based on aesthetic and functional design criteria and then rank them accordingly.
- "Emporis Standards: high-rise building". Emporis Standards. Retrieved March 30, 2012.
- "Emporis Standards: skyscraper". Emporis Standards. Retrieved March 30, 2012.
- "Emporis Corporate - About Emporis". Emporis GmbH. Retrieved March 30, 2012.
- "Imprint". Emporis GmbH. Retrieved March 30, 2012.
- "Web - Database Credits". Council on Tall Buildings and Urban Habitat. Archived from the original on 2007-02-03. Retrieved 2006-12-08.
- "Emporis Completes Multi-Million Euro Financing Round to Drive Growth". PR Newswire. September 25, 2007. Retrieved February 21, 2009.[dead link]
- "Emporis Awards". Emporis. Retrieved 2012-03-30.