Elettra Rossellini Wiedemann
Elettra Rossellini Wiedemann (born July 26, 1983) is an American food editor and writer, fashion model, and socialite. She is the daughter of Italian actress and model Isabella Rossellini and Jonathan Wiedemann, an American. Her maternal grandparents were Swedish actress Ingrid Bergman and Italian film director Roberto Rossellini.
Elettra Rossellini Wiedemann
Elettra Rossellini Wiedemann in 2008
July 26, 1983
New York City, U.S.
|Alma mater||The New School (B.A., International Relations)|
London School of Economics
(m. 2012; div. 2015)
|Relatives||Ingrid Bergman (grandmother)|
Roberto Rossellini (grandfather)
|Height||5 ft 11 in (1.80 m)|
Wiedemann was born and raised in New York City. She has three half siblings from her father's second marriage. She also has a brother on her mother's side. She attended high school at the United Nations International School, where she became fluent in French. Growing up, Wiedemann suffered from scoliosis, a spinal condition that had also afflicted her mother, and had to wear a back brace 23 hours a day from the ages of 12 to 17.
She attended college at The New School, graduating with a Bachelor of Arts in International Relations. She attended a two-year graduate school program at the London School of Economics in order to receive a master's degree in Biomedicine, Bioscience and Society.
Wiedemann worked as a fashion model and spokesperson for over 10 years before Impatient Foodie. She was discovered by Bruce Weber and quickly became one of the industry's most coveted models, shooting with photographers such as Karl Lagerfeld, Patrick Demarchelier, Annie Leibovitz, Arthur Elgort, Mario Testino, and Craig McDean for magazines such as American Vogue, French Vogue, Harpers Bazaar, Another, Muse, GQ, French Elle and Italian Elle, to name a few. She has also been a spokesmodel for Lancôme since 2004 and done ads for Lancôme makeup, fragrance, and skin care worldwide.
While she was modeling, Wiedemann attended graduate school at the London School of Economics (LSE), ultimately receiving her Masters of Science (MSc) in Biomedicine, Biosciences and Society in 2010. Her MSc dissertation was an analysis of a biotech proposal known as Vertical Farming and the future of feeding urban populations in light of climate change. At the time, her dissertation was the first ever cross-disciplinary analysis of Vertical Farming, for which she received the top possible mark of a Distinction.
Upon graduation from the LSE, Wiedemann launched a pop-up restaurant, GOODNESS. GOODNESS featured a different chef and different menu every day. GOODNESS popped up twice at NY Fashion Week and at Iceland's Design March Festival before turning into a show (Elettra's Goodness) on Vogue's new channel. Guests included Blake Lively, Seth Meyers, Grace Coddington, and Karlie Kloss.
She raced in several triathlons and three Half Ironman races. For her last race (Ironman 70.3 in Lake Stevens), she renounced energy gels and baked all her own, bite-size food for racing fuel and is convinced it helped her achieve her fastest 70.3 time.
She has a younger brother Roberto who also became a model.
She has an older cousin Tommaso who made two films, Interno Giorno (2011), and Playing with Plays (2019).
- "Elettra Rossellini Wiedemann - Inherited Beauty". fashionrat.com. Archived from the original on April 28, 2014.
- Elettra Wiedemann: Model Elettra Wiedemann Opens up About Her Teenage Struggle with Scoliosis on teenvogue.com, September 2013.
- Garnett, Daisy (April 13, 2008). "Elettra Rossellini Wiedemann: a model daughter". London Telegraph. Telegraph Media Group Limited. Retrieved April 24, 2008.
- Foxley, David (February 6, 2008). "The Fauxcialites". The New York Observer. Observer Media Group. Archived from the original on April 12, 2008. Retrieved April 24, 2008.
- Ferguson, Sarah (September 8, 2011). "Mmm Mmm Good: Elettra Wiedemann On Her Fashion Week Pop-Up Resto Goodness". Paper.
- Elettra Wiedemann. elettrawiedemann.com.
- Elettra Wiedemann on Instagram. Instagram. January 2, 2018.
- "Learning to rule the roost... actress Isabella Rossellini". Irish Independent. April 16, 2018.