Elaan is a 1994 Indian Hindi action film directed by Guddu Dhanoa. It stars Amrish Puri, Akshay Kumar and Madhoo in pivotal roles. Other cast includes Farida Jalal, Dalip Tahil and Mohnish Behl. it was declared a "Hit".
|Directed by||Guddu Dhanoa|
|Written by||Dilip Shukla|
|Produced by||Raju Narula|
|Starring||Akshay Kumar |
|Edited by||A. Muthu|
|Distributed by||Shemaroo Entertainment|
|2 hours 26 min|
Salman Khan was the original choice to play Akshay Kumar role, Elaan is a declaration of war against the reign of terror unleashed by the gang lords. The story revolves around an upright and principled Police Officer, A.C.P. Ramakant Chaudhary, whose eldest son Vikas is killed in a pre-planned accident. But the A.C.P. is unable to nab the culprits for want of valid evidence. Consequently, the A.C.P., his wife Revati, and younger son Vishal are grief-stricken over the loss of young Vikas. While the atmosphere in the city is already vitiated by the atrocities of gang lords Baba Khan and Manna Shetty, who enjoy the support of some unscrupulous police personnel, the A.C.P. vows to make the ruthless gangsters bite the dust, without taking the law into his own hands. On the other hand, Vishal, an angry young man, cannot stand this injustice since the police had failed to arrest his brother's killers, and he silently resents his A.C.P father's inaction in dealing with the culprits. The ideologies of the father and son clash – which leads to a conflict between a dutiful father and a reckless son. The only one who understands the agony of Vishal is Mohini, the daughter of head constable Devkinandan Sharma. The day comes when Vishal confronts Baba Khan and Manna Shetty, which leads to tension and a gory situation for the A.C.P., as the gang lords threaten to eliminate the A.C.P. as well as his wife Revati and son Vishal.
- Akshay Kumar as Vishal Chaudhary
- Amrish Puri as A.C.P. Ramakant Chaudhary
- Madhoo as Mohini Sharma
- Farida Jalal as Revati Chaudhary
- Dalip Tahil as Police Commissioner Desai
- Deven Verma as Devkinandan Sharma
- Mohnish Behl as Vijay Sharma
- Mohan Joshi as Baba Khan
- Rami Reddy as Mana Shetty
- Sulabha Arya as Parvati Sharma
- Achyut Potdar as Public Prosecutor
- Lalit Tiwari as Doctor Deepak
- Narendra Gupta as a Conspirator to make Ramakant Chaudhary as a mental patient
|1||"Naino Ko Baatein Karne Do"||Kumar Sanu, Lata Mangeshkar|
|2||"Turu Ru Turu Ru"||Kumar Sanu, Poornima|
|3||"Mil Ke Tumhari"||Kumar Sanu, Sadhana Sargam|
|4||"Subah Hui Sham Hui"||Kumar Sanu, Sadhana Sargam|
|5||"Laal Laal Gaal"||Kumar Sanu|
|6||"Pehle Mere Aankhon Mein"||Vinod Rathod, Sadhana Sargam|
|7||"Mera Dil Bola"||Poornima|
- ^ "Elaan (1994) Cast – Actor, Actress, Director, Producer, Music Director". Cinestaan. Retrieved 19 December 2021.
- ^ "Elaan 1994 Movie Box Office Collection, Budget and Unknown Facts 1990's Box Office Collection". KS Box Office. 21 June 2020. Retrieved 19 December 2021.
- ^ "Elaan Movie Overview". Bollywood Hungama. Retrieved 22 December 2011.