Edwin Anthony Roberts (born 12 August 1941) is a retired Trinidadian runner. He competed at the 1964, 1968 and 1972 Olympics in various sprint events and had his best results in the 200 m, in which he finished third in 1964 and fourth in 1968. He also won a bronze medal in the 4 × 400 m relay in 1964.
Edwin Roberts (right) at the 1964 Olympics
|Birth name||Edwin Anthony Roberts|
|Born||12 August 1941|
Belmont, Port-of-Spain, Trinidad
|Height||1.73 m (5 ft 8 in)|
|Weight||70 kg (154 lb)|
|College team||NCCU Eagles|
|Achievements and titles|
|Personal best(s)||100 y: 9.2 s 1964|
100 m: 10.1 s 1969
Roberts attended North Carolina College in the United States between 1962 and 1966 where he was a member of the college track team. He was also part of the Trinidadian team that set a world record at 3:02.8 in the 4×440 yd relay at the 1966 Commonwealth Games. He was among world's top ten sprinters from 1964 to 1971, according to the votes of the experts of Track and Field News.
- In 1969 Roberts was awarded the Trinidad & Tobago Humming Bird Medal Bronze.
- In 1984, he was inducted into the Alex M. Rivera Athletics Hall of Fame at North Carolina Central University.
- In 1987, he was inducted into the Trinidad and Tobago Sports Hall of Fame.
- In 2005, he was inducted into the Central American and Caribbean Athletic Confederation Hall of Fame.
|Year||100 m||200 m|
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Edwin Roberts.|
- Edwin Roberts, Sports Reference
- Progression of IAAF World Records 2011 Edition, Editor Imre Matrahazi, IAAF Athletics, p. 140.
- "World Rankings Index--Men's 100 meters" (PDF). Track and Field News. Archived from the original (PDF) on 2015-03-29. Retrieved 2014-04-18.
- "World Rankings Index--Men's 200 meters" (PDF). Track and Field News.[permanent dead link]
- Edwin Roberts, Induction Class of 1984, Track and Field, NCCU Eagles, Alex M. Rivera Athletics Hall of Fame. nccueaglepride.com.
- "Roberts, Edwin", Trinidad and Tobago Sports Hall of Fame.
- "Edwin Anthony ROBERTS", Hall of Fame, AthleCAC.org. Retrieved 18 April 2014.
- "Hasely Crawford inducted into CAC Hall of Fame", Kwame Laurence - Trinidad Express - for the IAAF, IAAF Athletics, General News, 10 January 2006.
|This biographical article relating to Trinidadian athletics is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|