Edward Sutton, 2nd Baron Dudley
Sir Edward Sutton, 2nd Baron Dudley, (c. 1460 – 31 January 1531) was an English nobleman elected as Knight of the Garter (KG) in the beginning of King Henry VIII's reign. He was chamberlain to Princess Mary (later Queen Mary I) from 1525 to 1528.
Edward Sutton was the son of Sir Edmund Sutton and Joyce de Tiptoft, daughter of Sir John Tiptoft, 1st Baron Tiptoft. In right of his wife Joyce, Edmund Dudley benefited from her inheritance of the Tibetot barony and Cherleton barony, and thus co-heir to the Powis inheritance, but was never created baron of these holdings.
- John Sutton, 3rd Baron Dudley, his successor.
- Geoffrey Sutton, who married Eleanor Talbot, by whom he was father of Thomas Sutton of Russels.
- Thomas Sutton.
- Arthur Sutton, prebendary in Lichfield Cathedral (see Chad of Mercia#Cult and Relics).
- Elizabeth Sutton, who married Thomas Butler, son of Piers Butler, 8th Earl of Ormond.
- Alice Dudley [Sutton].
- Eleanor Sutton, who married firstly Charles Somerset, 1st Earl of Worcester, and secondly Leonard Grey, 1st Viscount Grane.
- Joyce Sutton, who married firstly Sir John Leighton of Wattlesborough. Their eldest son, Sir Edward Leighton, was custos rotulorum for Shropshire. Their younger son, Sir Thomas Leighton, was Governor of Jersey and married Elizabeth Knollys, daughter of Catherine Carey and sister of Lettice Knollys. Joyce married secondly Richard Lee, MP for Much Wenlock, before 1538.
- Jane (Joan, Johanna) Sutton, who married Sir Thomas Fiennes, son of Thomas, Baron Dacre. Their son Thomas Fiennes, 9th Baron Dacre was executed for murder in 1541.
- Margaret Sutton, who married John Grey, 2nd Baron Grey of Powis. Their son was Edward Grey, 3rd Baron Grey of Powis, to whom his uncle John, Lord Dudley, sold the Tiptoft-Dudley portion of Powis Castle.
- Catherine Sutton, who married Sir George Gresley of Drakelow.
- Burke, Sir Bernard (1866). A Genealogical History of the Dormant: Abeyant, Forfeited, and Extinct Peerages of the British Empire. Harrison. p. 521.
- Harrison, Bruce (1998). The Family Forest Descendants of Lady Joan Beaufort. Millisecond Publishing Company, Inc. p. 54.
|Peerage of England|
| Baron Dudley