Edigold Monday, a Ugandan accountant, businesswoman, bank executive, and educator. She is the managing director and chief executive officer of Commercial Bank of Africa (Rwanda), a licensed commercial bank.
|Born||1962 (age 56–57)|
|Alma mater||Makerere University|
(Bachelor of Science with Education)
(Master of Business Administration)
Association of Chartered Certified Accountants,
(Chartered Certified Accountant)
|Years active||1994 — present|
|Known for||Business, management|
Commercial Bank of Africa (Rwanda)
She previously worked as the managing director of Bank of Africa (Uganda). Monday was the first Ugandan woman to hold the position of managing director and chief executive officer at BOA-Uganda and also the first Ugandan woman to serve as the chief executive officer of a commercial bank in the country's history.
Monday was admitted to Makerere University in 1984, graduating in 1987, with a Bachelor of Arts in economics and education. She is a Chartered Certified Accountant, certified by the Association of Chartered Certified Accountants. Her second degree is a Master of Business Administration, obtained from Heriot-Watt University. She has attended many other business, management and banking courses, according to her online résumé.
Monday became a banker in 1994, starting as an accountant trainee at Centenary Bank. Over the years, she rose to the rank of Chief Internal Auditor at Centenary Bank in 2001. In 2004 she left Centenary and joined Uganda Wildlife Authority, as their Director of Finance and Administration, from June 2004 until January 2007.
She later joined Commercial Microfinance (CMF), a Tier II Microfinance Institution, rising to the level of executive director. When Industrial and General Insurance Company Plc. of Nigeria acquired CMF in 2008, renaming the institution Global Trust Bank, Monday served briefly as interim executive director before leaving to join BOA-Uganda. In 2009, she was appointed to serve as acting managing director at BOA-Uganda. She was confirmed in that capacity in December 2010, a position she held until her resignation in April 2014.
Effective 30 June 2014, Monday worked as the Managing Director/Chief Executive Officer of Crane Bank Rwanda Limited. When Commercial Bank (Rwanda) acquired Crane Bank Rwanda, on 21 February 2018, Edigold Monday became the managing director of the new bank.
- Kantengwa, Sharon (16 June 2016). "Women are good at multitasking - Crane Bank MD". New Times (Rwanda). Kigali.
- Newz Staff (3 April 2017). "DFCU Bank selling Crane Bank Rwanda". Kampala: Newz.ug. Retrieved 5 March 2018.
- Abraham Rumanzi (20 August 2014). "Crane Bank Opens In Rwanda, Promises Traders Exclusive Financial Services". Kigali: Hope Magazine. Retrieved 20 October 2016.
- BNR (31 December 2015). "List of Licensed Banks" (PDF). Kigali: National Bank of Rwanda (BNR). Retrieved 20 October 2016.
- National Politics (8 March 2011). "Today's Uganda Top Fifty Women Movers". Daily Monitor. Kampala. Retrieved 2 August 2014.
- Ssempijja, David (26 December 2010). "Uganda Gets Her First Local Woman Commercial Bank Managing Director". New Vision. Kampala. Retrieved 20 October 2016.
- Edigold Monday (20 October 2016). "Education Profile of Edigold Monday". Linkedin.com. Retrieved 20 October 2016.
- Mbanga, Jeff (7 January 2009). "The Women to Watch in 2009". The Observer (Uganda). Kampala. Retrieved 20 October 2016.
- Mutegi, Mugambi (21 March 2018). "CBA takes over Rwanda bank after closing $9.69 million buyout". The EastAfrican. Nairobi. Retrieved 28 April 2018.
- AWFP (28 April 2018). "AWFP Nairobi 2018: Awards & Annual Conference: Speakers: Edigold Monday, Managing Director, CBA Rwanda". Narobi: African Women in Fintech & Payments (AWFP). Retrieved 28 April 2018.