This is a list of banks in Rwanda
- Guaranty Trust Bank (Rwanda) plc - commonly referred to as GTBank Rwanda
- Bank of Kigali
- I&M Bank (Rwanda) - Formerly Commercial Bank of Rwanda (BCR)
- Compagnie Générale de Banque (Cogebanque)
- Equity Bank Rwanda Limited
- Ecobank Rwanda
- BPR Bank Rwanda Plc (a subsidiary of KCB Group).
- Access Bank Rwanda
- NCBA Bank Rwanda
- Urwego Bank
- Development banks
- Development Bank of Rwanda (BRD) - Owns 100% of Housing Bank of Rwanda (Banque de l'Habitat du Rwanda) (BHR)
- Cooperative banks
- Zigama CSS.
- Co-operative Bank Rwanda (In development)
- ^ NBR (30 June 2017). "List of Licensed Banks As At June 2017" (PDF). Kigali: National Bank of Rwanda (NBR). Archived from the original (PDF) on 4 August 2017. Retrieved 3 August 2017.
- ^ Ojulu, Edward (23 July 2012). "Rwanda: Why BCR Is A Good Buy for Its New Investors". Rwanda Focus (Kigali) via AllAfrica.com. Retrieved 2 August 2014.
- ^ Gasore, Ben (12 August 2013). "Rwanda: BCR Rebrands to I&M Bank". The New Times (Rwanda) via AllAfrica.com. Retrieved 2 August 2014.
- ^ "KCB Set To Open This Month With A Planned Investment of $15 Million" (via AllAfrica.com). The New Times (Rwanda). December 2008. Retrieved 2 August 2014.
- ^ Brian Ngugi (26 November 2020). "KCB signs deal to buy two banks in Rwanda, Tanzania". Business Daily Africa. Nairobi. Retrieved 26 November 2020.
- ^ Mutegi, Mugambi (21 March 2018). "CBA takes over Rwanda bank after closing $9.69 million buyout". The EastAfrican. Nairobi. Retrieved 21 March 2018.
- ^ Patrick Alushula (3 October 2019). "NIC, CBA Merger: Bank Eyes SMEs With More Outlets". Business Daily Africa. Nairobi. Retrieved 5 October 2019.
- ^ "Rwanda: Unguka Bank Seeks Commercial Bank Status". Rwanda Express (Kigali) via AllAfrica.com. 21 June 2012. Retrieved 2 August 2014.
- ^ Ojulu, Edward (21 May 2012). "Rwanda: Retail Banking Unveils New Opportunities At BRD". Rwanda Focus (Kigali) via AllAfrica.com. Retrieved 2 August 2014.
- Website of National Bank of Rwanda
- Total Bank Assets of RWF:1,943.32 Trillion (US$2.849.36 Billion) In March 2013