Ed Banger Records (sometimes referred to as Ed Rec) is a French electronic music record label founded by Pedro Winter in 2003 as a division of Headbangers Entertainment. It focuses on house music, particularly French house, as well as alternative dance, electro, hip hop, nu disco, and synthpop, among other styles. The label is home to French acts Justice, SebastiAn, Breakbot, Cassius, DJ Mehdi, Mr. Oizo, Uffie, Myd, Krazy Baldhead, Mr. Flash, So Me, Feadz, DSL, Boston Bun, and Winter himself under the alias Busy P. Most videos and album art for Ed Banger releases are coordinated by So Me.
|Ed Banger Records|
|Parent company||Headbangers Entertainment|
|Country of origin||France|
The label enjoyed a dramatic rise in fame in early 2007 when a number of the artists signed to its roster found mainstream success, most notably French electronic group Justice, whose rework of "Never Be Alone" by now defunct electro-rock band Simian, was a success in clubs worldwide, entering the UK charts at No. 20. The music video for the single won the award for best video at the MTV Europe Music Awards in 2006. Labelmate Uffie also enjoyed a rise in fame in late 2006 when her single, "Pop the Glock", gained international radio play.
In 2018, Ed Banger celebrated its 15th anniversary. To celebrate this anniversary, Pedro Winter organized a concert on 31 March 2018 at the Grand Rex with covers of the label's flagship titles, old or recent, played by a symphony orchestra of 70 musicians (Orchestre Lamoureux) conducted by Thomas Roussel.
Ed Banger Records collaborated with the cosmetics brand Uslu Airlines to create a glow-in-the-dark nail polish that was sold with a special mini-mix by Busy P.
To commemorate the label's tenth anniversary and the 20th anniversary of Girl Distribution Company, an Ed Banger series of skateboard decks was released in July 2013, in addition to a remixed video part for Girl's team rider Sean Malto. The artwork on the skateboard decks was inspired by artists Mr. Oizo, Breakbot, Justice, Sebastian and Busy P, while Malto's part was edited to music by Justice and Mr. Oizo.
- Alex Frankel
- Busy P
- Krazy Baldhead
- Laurent Garnier
- Mad Rey
- Mickey Moonlight
- Mr. Oizo
- Pierre Rousseau
- Sabrina & Samantha
- So Me
- Thomas Roussel
- Varnish la Piscine
- Carte Blanche (DJ Mehdi + Riton)
- Ed Banger House Party (Busy P + Para One + Boston Bun)
- Handbraekes (Mr. Oizo + Boys Noize)
- ^ Romano, Tricia (20 March 2007). "'Friends' Forever". The Village Voice. Retrieved 22 November 2008.
- ^ "Les 15 ans du label Ed Banger". France Inter. Retrieved 24 March 2021.
- ^ "New Justice - Audio Disciple † Single HD". 25 March 2015. Archived from the original on 13 December 2021.
- ^ T.S. Fox (16 July 2013). "Ed Banger Records x Girl Skateboards 2013 Collection". Hypebeast. Media Lab Limited. Retrieved 21 August 2013.
- ^ Ed Banger/Pedro Winter (17 March 2021). "ED BANGER / PEDRO WINTER sur Instagram : Nightclubs are closed for a year now. The music we do, the records we play, the artists we love are linked to this club culture. When…". Instagram. Archived from the original on 24 December 2021. Retrieved 18 March 2021.