Pedro Winter (born Pierre Winter; 21 April 1975), also known by the stage name Busy P, is a French DJ, music producer, record label owner, and artist manager. Winter managed Daft Punk from 1996 to 2008 and currently manages Cassius and artists on Ed Banger Records, a label that he owns and runs.
Winter in 2011
|Birth name||Pierre Winter|
|Also known as||Busy P|
|Born||21 April 1975|
|Genres||Electro house, hip house|
|Occupation(s)||DJ, producer, manager|
|Labels||Ed Banger Records|
Life and careerEdit
Winter was born on 21 April 1975 in Paris, France. He grew up under the influence of heavy metal, hip-hop, and rock that would later show in his music, he says his favourite band of all time is Beastie Boys. He discovered electronic music in 1992 with his brother, Thomas Winter. Shortly after, he started DJing at the What's Up Bar and organizing the events Hype at Folies Pigalle and then Smoker The Palace with David Guetta.
Pedro met Daft Punk in 1996 when he was a law student; the soon-to-be-famous duo asked him to be their manager, and he obliged. In 2002, he created Headbangers Entertainment, through which he managed various artists including Cassius. A year later, Winter founded the label Ed Banger Records, a music division that first signed Mr. Flash with the release "Radar Rider", then signing Justice, followed by SebastiAn in 2004, and later Uffie, DJ Mehdi, Mr. Oizo and more. In 2008, he stopped managing Daft Punk to focus on his label and music career as Busy P.
For Phoenix's debut album, United, Winter performed on a Rapman synthesizer in the song "Funky Squaredance". His remix single of Fancy's "What's Your Name Again" was a club hit on its release. The music video for this was again created under the Ed Banger Records label.
Discography (as Busy P)Edit
|2004||"Limit Ed"||12"||Ed Banger Records|
|2007||"Rainbow Man"||12"||Ed Banger Records|
|2007||"The Headbangers" (feat. Gérard Baste)||7"||Arcade Mode|
|2008||"Pedrophilia"||12"||Ed Banger Records|
|2013||"Still Busy" (feat. Thunderbird Gerard)||12"||Ed Banger Records|
|2017||"Genie" (feat. Mayer Hawthorne)||12"||Ed Banger Records|
- James, Martin (2003). French Connections: From Discotheque to Discovery. London, United Kingdom: Sanctuary Publishing Ltd. p. 268. ISBN 1-86074-449-4.
- Daft Punk Are Back in the Studio inthemix.com. Retrieved on 28 May 2008.
- Elias Leight (27 November 2018). "Ed Banger Records: French Dance Label Celebrates 15 Years". Rolling Stone. Retrieved 5 April 2020.
- United at Discogs. Retrieved on 23 June 2008.
- IMO Records. "Busy P Biography", IMO Records, Retrieved on 14 February 2012.
- "Eightyeighdc Fashion Blog". 23 January 2007. Archived from the original on 28 September 2007. Retrieved 14 June 2007.
- Le 8 novembre 2012 à 12h40. "Scarlett Johansson se fait tatouer incognito à Paris - Le Parisien". Leparisien.fr. Retrieved 5 April 2020.