East Nippon Expressway Company
The East Nippon Expressway Company Limited (東日本高速道路株式会社, Higashi-nihon Kōsoku-dōro Kabushiki-gaisha), abbreviated as NEXCO East (NEXCO東日本, NEXCO Higashi-Nihon), is one of the main operators of expressways and toll roads in Japan. It is headquartered in Kasumigaseki, Chiyoda, Tokyo.
|Higashi-nihon Kōsoku-dōro Kabushiki-gaisha|
|Predecessor||Japan Highway Public Corporation|
|Founded||October 1, 2005|
Kasumigaseki, Chiyoda, Tokyo,
|Kantō, Tōhoku and Hokkaido|
|Hiroshi Hirose (President and CEO)|
|Owner||Government of Japan|
Number of employees
|Parent||Japan Expressway Holding and Debt Repayment Agency|
(Ministry of Land, Infrastructure, Transport and Tourism)
The company was established on October 1, 2005 as a result of the privatization of Japan Highway Public Corporation. The company manages roadways mainly in the Kantō and Tōhoku regions as well as on Hokkaido. Roadways in other regions of Japan are managed by Central Nippon Expressway Company and West Nippon Expressway Company.
- "報告事項". 東日本高速道路株式会社 第１１期定時株主総会 (PDF) (Report). 東日本高速道路株式会社. 2016-06-23. Retrieved 2017-03-20.
- "E-NEXCO Company Overview" (in Japanese). Retrieved 2008-04-13.
- Mizutani, Fumitoshi; Uranishi, Shuji (2006). Privatization of the Japan Highway Public Corporation: Policy Assessment (PDF). 46th Congress for the European Regional Science Association. Volos, Greece. Retrieved 2008-04-11.
- "E-NEXCO Contact Information" (in Japanese). Retrieved 2008-04-13.
- (in Japanese) East Nippon Expressway Company