West Nippon Expressway Company
The West Nippon Expressway Company Limited (西日本高速道路株式会社, Nishi-nihon Kōsoku-dōro Kabushiki-gaisha), abbreviated as NEXCO West (NEXCO西日本, NEXCO Nishi-Nihon), is one of the main operators of expressways and toll roads in Japan. It is headquartered on the 19th floor of Dojima Avanza in Kita-ku, Osaka. The company was established on October 1, 2005 as a result of the privatization of Japan Highway Public Corporation. The company manages roadways mainly in the Kansai and Chūgoku regions as well as on Kyūshū, Shikoku, and Okinawa Island. Roadways in other regions of Japan are managed by East Nippon Expressway Company and Central Nippon Expressway Company.
Map of Nexco System operations.
West Nippon is shown in blue.
|Nishi-nihon Kōsoku-dōro Kabushiki-gaisha|
|Predecessor||Japan Highway Public Corporation|
|Founded||October 1, 2005|
Kita-ku, Osaka, Tokyo,
|Kansai, Chūgoku, Kyūshū, Shikoku and Okinawa|
|Yoshinari Ishizuka (President)|
|Owner||Government of Japan|
Number of employees
|Parent||Japan Expressway Holding and Debt Repayment Agency|
(Ministry of Land, Infrastructure, Transport and Tourism)
- "報告事項". 第１１期事業報告 (PDF) (Report). 西日本高速道路株式会社. 2016-06-27. Retrieved 2017-03-20.
- "W-NEXCO Corporate Information" (in Japanese). Retrieved 2008-04-13.
- Mizutani, Fumitoshi; Uranishi, Shuji (2006). Privatization of the Japan Highway Public Corporation: Policy Assessment (pdf). 46th Congress for the European Regional Science Association. Volos, Greece. Retrieved 2008-04-11.
- "W-NEXCO Area of Operations" (in Japanese). Retrieved 2008-04-13.
- (in Japanese) West Nippon Expressway Company
|This article related to a road in Asia is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about a Japanese corporation- or company-related topic is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|