EQ Office is a real estate investment company that owns 80 office properties comprising 40 million square feet. The company is owned by funds managed by The Blackstone Group. The company was formerly known as Equity Office.
|Founded||1976(as Equity Office Properties)|
|Lisa Picard, President & CEO|
Notable properties owned by the company are as follows:
In 1997, the company acquired Lakeside Square in North Dallas for $60 million.
In 2005, the company sold 5 buildings in San Francisco for $400 million. The company also acquired a portfolio in California for $263 million.
In 2006, the company acquired Pointe O'Hare I, an office building near O'Hare International Airport for $59 million and a property in Boca Raton, Florida for $29.5 million. The company also acquired half-interest in two Miami office buildings for $249.8 million.
In February 2007, after a bidding war with Vornado Realty Trust, funds managed by The Blackstone Group completed the acquisition of the company for $39 billion and sold 8 buildings to affiliates of Harry Macklowe for $7 billion.
In June 2018, the company changed its name from Equity Office to EQ Office.
- Jonas, Ilaina (January 19, 2007). "Blackstone to buy Equity Office". Reuters.
- Garrison, Trey (October 26, 1997). "Equity Office set to close on Lakeside Square deal". American City Business Journals.
- Ginsberg, Steve (January 12, 2003). "Divorce sends Ferry Building to Equity Office". American City Business Journals.
- Wilson, Lizette (April 13, 2005). "Hines buys Equity Office' portfolio for $400M". American City Business Journals.
- CORFMAN, THOMAS A. (February 22, 2006). "Equity Office buys Pointe O'Hare I building". Chicago Tribune.
- Lunsford, Darcie (May 31, 2006). "Equity Office buys in Boca Raton, more may come". American City Business Journals.
- "Equity Office buys parts of Miami office towers". American City Business Journals. October 5, 2006.
- Pristin, Terry (February 10, 2007). "After Acquiring Equity Office, Blackstone Begins Selling It". The New York Times.
- Natarajan, Prabha (April 11, 2007). "Blackstone completes sale of Equity Office's D.C. portfolio". American City Business Journals.
- "Blackstone's Equity Office buys Hughes Center in Las Vegas". Reuters. September 23, 2013.
- Grillo, Thomas (January 9, 2014). "Blackstone's Equity Office sells 1-3 Center Plaza for $307 million". American City Business Journals.
- Grillo, Thomas (April 2, 2014). "Blackstone's Equity Office unloads 28 State St. for $345M". American City Business Journals.
- Donato-Weinstein, Nathan (December 7, 2014). "Blackstone to sell Equity Office Silicon Valley portfolio to Hudson Pacific for $3.5 billion". American City Business Journals.
- Harris, Melissa (March 16, 2015). "Willis Tower to be sold for $1.3 billion to Blackstone Group". Chicago Tribune.
- Bitters, Janice (May 19, 2017). "North San Jose office with long-term tech tenant sells for $82M". American City Business Journals.
- Hirsh, Lou (September 10, 2017). "UTC Medical Office Campus Sold for $97M". American City Business Journals.
- Lash, Herbert (June 20, 2018). "Equity Office embraces flexible workspace, adopts EQ Office name". Reuters.