Dublin Fingal (Dáil constituency)
Dublin Fingal is a parliamentary constituency which is represented in Dáil Éireann, the lower house of the Irish parliament or Oireachtas, from the 2016 general election onwards. The constituency elects 5 deputies (Teachtaí Dála, commonly known as TDs). The method of election is the single transferable vote form of proportional representation (PR-STV).
|County council||Fingal County Council|
History and boundariesEdit
The Constituency Commission proposed in its 2012 report that at the next general election a new constituency called Dublin Fingal be created. The report proposed changes to the constituencies of Ireland so as to reduce the total number of TDs from 166 to 158.
It was established by the Electoral (Amendment) (Dáil Constituencies) Act 2013. The constituency incorporates all of Dublin North, Swords-Forrest and Kilsallaghan from Dublin West, and Balgriffin and Turnapin from Dublin North-East.
The 2013 Act defines the constituency as:
- "In the county of Fingal the electoral divisions of:
- Balbriggan Rural, Balbriggan Urban, Ballyboghil, Balgriffin, Balscadden, Clonmethan, Donabate, Garristown, Hollywood, Holmpatrick, Kilsallaghan, Kinsaley, Lusk, Malahide East, Malahide West, Portmarnock North, Portmarnock South, Rush, Skerries, Swords-Forrest, Swords-Glasmore, Swords-Lissenhall, Swords-Seatown, Swords Village;
- and those parts of the electoral divisions of Airport, Dubber and Turnapin situated north of a line drawn along the Northern Cross Route (M50), passing in a clockwise direction around and excluding roundabout No. 3 at the junction of the Northern Cross Route (M50) with the M1 motorway."
|Teachtaí Dála (TDs) for Dublin Fingal 2016–|
Note: The columns in this table are used only for presentational purposes, and no significance should be attached to the order of columns. For details of the order in which seats were won at each election, see the detailed results of that election.
2016 general electionEdit
|2016 general election: Dublin Fingal|
|Party||Candidate||FPv%||Count 1||Count 2||Count 3||Count 4||Count 5||Count 6||Count 7||Count 8||Count 9||Count 10|
|Fianna Fáil||Darragh O'Brien||17.9||10,826|
|Inds. 4 Change||Clare Daly||15.7||9,480||9,552||9,827||10,566|
|Fine Gael||Alan Farrell||12.4||7,514||7,563||7,627||7,664||7,672||8,082||8,244||8,709||8,969||9,965|
|Labour Party||Brendan Ryan||10.0||6,009||6,054||6,125||6,193||6,210||6,358||6,800||7,794||8,424||9,406|
|Sinn Féin||Louise O'Reilly||8.7||5,228||5,246||5,314||5,621||5,719||5,858||6,193||6,465||7,911||8,771|
|Fine Gael||James Reilly||7.7||4,666||4,699||4,735||4,767||4,769||4,955||5,259||5,549||5,756||6,215|
|Fianna Fáil||Lorraine Clifford-Lee||5.6||3,359||3,788||3,871||3,937||3,953||4,339||4,705||5,099||5,595|
|Inds. 4 Change||Barry Martin||4.0||2,412||2,424||2,694||3,126||3,404||3,649||4,298||5,077|
|Green Party||Joe O'Brien||4.6||2,783||2,802||2,964||3,105||3,125||3,430||3,758|
|Independent Alliance||Tony Murphy||4.1||2,503||2,520||2,679||2,863||2,896||3,104|
|Independent||Marcus de Brun||1.0||627||633|
|Electorate: 93,486 Valid: 60,388 Spoilt: 462 Quota: 10,065 Turnout: 65.1%|
- "Constituency Commission Report 2012 – Dublin area" (PDF). Constituency Commission. 21 June 2012. Retrieved 7 April 2013.
- "Constituency Commission Report 2012 – Introduction and summary of recommendation" (PDF). Constituency Commission. 21 June 2012. Retrieved 7 April 2013.
- "Electoral (Amendment) (Dáil Constituencies) Act 2013: Schedule". Irish Statute Book database. Retrieved 7 April 2013.
- "General election 2016: Dublin Fingal". ElectionsIreland.org. Retrieved 20 February 2016.