Dora the Explorer (film)(Redirected from Dora the Explorer (2019 film))
Dora the Explorer is an upcoming American family film directed by James Bobin. It is an adaptation of the Nickelodeon's series of the same name. The film is produced by Paramount Players, Walden Media, and Nickelodeon Movies, and distributed by Paramount Pictures. It is set to be released on August 2, 2019.
|Dora the Explorer|
|Directed by||James Bobin|
|Produced by||Kristin Burr|
Dora the Explorer|
by Chris Gifford
Valerie Walsh Valdes
|Distributed by||Paramount Pictures|
Having spent most of her life exploring the jungle with her parents nothing could prepare Dora for the most dangerous adventure ever – High School. Always the explorer, Dora quickly finds herself leading Boots (her best friend, a monkey), Diego, and a rag tag group of teens on an adventure to save her parents and solve the impossible mystery behind a lost Inca civilization.
On October 24, 2017, a deal was struck for a live action version of the popular television series to be made, with James Bobin directing. Nicholas Stoller and Danielle Sanchez-Witzel were hired to to pen a script, with Michael Bay’s Platinum Dunes producing, though Bay himself won't be invovled with the production. However in August 2018, Bay revealed he and his Platinum Dunes partners were never involved in the film, and that the report which was first known back in October 2017 was false. It was stated that the film would depict a teenage version of Dora who moves to the city to live with her cousin Diego. The film was issued an August 2, 2019 release date. Production will take place in Queensland, Australia. In May 2018, Isabela Moner was cast to play Dora. Eugenio Derbez began negotiations to join in June. He was confirmed to appear in July, with Micke Moreno cast to play Diego.
Filming began on August 6, 2018, with Kristin Burr from Christopher Robin comfirmed to produce the film.
- D'Alessandro, Anthony (2018-08-10). "'Dora The Explorer' First Photo Unveiled; Nicholas Coombe Joins As Production Gets Underway". Deadline. Retrieved 2018-08-10.
- 'Dora the Explorer' Movie in the Works With Nick Stoller (Exclusive)
- ‘Dora The Explorer’ Headed To Theaters Late Summer 2019
- Paramount’s ‘Dora The Explorer’ Movie Set For Australia Shoot After Tax Break Concession
- Isabela Moner Lands Title Role In Paramount Players’ Live-Action ‘Dora The Explorer’
- Eugenio Derbez Circles Paramount's 'Dora the Explorer' Live-Action Film
- Exclusive: ‘Dora the Explorer’ Movie Casts Micke Moreno as Diego