Do Detectives Think?
Do Detectives Think? is a silent comedy short film starring Stan Laurel and Oliver Hardy prior to their official billing as the duo Laurel and Hardy. The team appeared in a total of 107 films between 1921 and 1951.
|Do Detectives Think?|
Theatrical release poster
|Directed by||Fred Guiol|
|Produced by||Hal Roach|
|Written by||Hal Roach |
H.M. Walker (titles)
|Starring||Stan Laurel |
|Distributed by||Pathé Exchange|
|November 20, 1927|
A Judge (Finlayson) sentences a murderer (Young) to death. The murderer (of course) vows revenge on the judge. Following his escape, the judge engages a detective agency which sends its two least skilled detectives Laurel and Hardy to protect him. The sleuths, after many mishaps, manage to capture the murderer.
- Stan Laurel - Ferdinand Finklebery
- Oliver Hardy - Sherlock Pinkham
- Jimmy Finlayson - Judge Foozle
- Noah Young - The Tipton Slasher
- Viola Richard - Mrs. Foozle
- Frank Brownlee - Detective agency boss
- Charles A. Bachman - Officer
- Will Stanton - Slasher's pal
- Charley Young - Juror
- Wilson Benge - Butler attacked by Slasher