Dilara Zaman (born 19 June 1943) is a Bangladeshi film and television actress. She was awarded Ekushey Padak in 1993 and Bangladesh National Film Award for Best Supporting Actress in 2008.
|Education||University of Dhaka|
Early life and educationEdit
Zaman was born in Bardhaman district in British India to Rafiquddin Ahmed and Sitara Begum. Her family then moved to Asansol. After the partition of India in 1947 they finally moved to Jessore. She studied in Bangla Bazar Government Girls High School in Dhaka. She acted her first stage play in this school. She went on to study in Eden College. She was under the mentorship of her Guru [[Natto Guru]] Professor [[Nurul Momen]]. She was a master's student of Bangla at the University of Dhaka.
Zaman started acting in theatre in 1962. Her first play was Mayabi Prohor, scripted by Alauddin Al-Azad. In 1966, she acted her first television drama Tridhara, directed by Tahmina Banu. She acted in numerous Bengali films and dramas over the course of 40 years. They include The Wheel, Chandragrohon. She became a school instructor in 1967 and stayed in the job until 1993.
- Nusrat Sharmin Liza (August 9, 2013). "একজন নিঃসঙ্গ মায়ের ঈদ". Priyo.com. Retrieved February 27, 2014.
- "'নিজের জন্য সময় নেই'". Jaijaidin. February 10, 2014. Retrieved February 27, 2014.
- "National Film Award winners' reactions". The Daily Star. April 12, 2010. Retrieved February 27, 2014.
- Shah Alam Shazu (11 October 2014). "'Now I don't hear the twittering birds'...Dilara Zaman". The Daily Star. Archived from the original on 2014-10-14.
- "Dilara Zaman reminisces old times". The Daily Star. 2018-05-19. Retrieved 2018-05-19.
- "Acting is my loyal companion". The Daily Star. 2017-11-03. Retrieved 2017-11-03.
- "Actress Tazin Ahmed dies of heart attack". bdnews24.com. 2018-05-22. Retrieved 2018-05-23.
- Jayanta Saha (2014-11-24). "ফারুকীর সঙ্গে কাজ নয়: দিলারা জামান". bdnews24.com. Retrieved November 17, 2015.