Diablo IV is an upcoming online dungeon crawler action role-playing game developed by Blizzard Entertainment, the fourth title in the Diablo series. The game was officially announced at BlizzCon 2019 on November 1, 2019. A release date has not been announced by Blizzard Entertainment, however some estimates predict the release some time during 2021.
|Platform(s)||Microsoft Windows, PlayStation 4, Xbox One|
|Genre(s)||Action role-playing game, Hack and slash, Dungeon crawl|
Three classes have been announced -- the Sorceress, Barbarian, and Druid. Two more classes are due to be revealed. The Druid class can shapeshift into wolves and bears. It can conjure animal allies and use natural phenomenon such as tornadoes. The Sorceress employs the three schools of elemental magic found in her Diablo II incarnation: fire, lightning, and frost. Barbarians are designed around weaponry. Skill trees exist allowing for ability customization. 
The game is unable to be played offline and will require an internet connection. In addition to this, the game possesses an MMO-like, shared world. Difficulties are removed due to this, though a Hardcore mode will remain. Similarly to Blizzard's World of Warcraft, dungeons are instanced to solo or party play. Players may choose the difficulty level of these dungeons. Player versus Player combat is possible in the game-world, and several zones are dedicated areas to this.
Player population in the world will shift depending on the area. Large settlements will display large populations, while to enforce a sense of desolation, more wild zones will change the amount of players shown to others. The world is open and mounts are available to travel. Mounts may also wear equipment which alters their functionality, and engage in combat. Terrain is three-dimensional and may be interacted with and destroyed, such as climbable rocks. The world will scale to player level but some areas are designed to be more challenging.
While Diablo III introduced different genders for classes, Diablo IV will allow for more extensive player appearance customization, such as choosing a character portrait or the skin color of their character. Mount appearance can also be customized.
The daughter of Mephisto, Lilith, is the primary antagonist. She is the Queen of Succubi (female demons) and creator of the world of Sanctuary along with the angel Inarius. After the events of previous games, the forces of demons and angels alike have been depleted, allowing an opening for Lilith to establish power in Sanctuary.
- "Blizzard Announces Diablo IV". Kotaku.
- Webster, Andrew (November 1, 2019). "Diablo IV announced at BlizzCon 2019". The Verge.
- "BlizzCon 2019: Blizzard announces Diablo IV, Overwatch 2, World of Warcraft: Shadowlands". PCWorld. November 1, 2019.
- Leach, Kamaron (November 1, 2019). "Activision's 'Diablo IV' Sets the Stage for BlizzCon 2019". Bloomberg.
- "The biggest changes coming to Diablo 4". November 2019.
- "Here's how Diablo 4's shared world works". November 2, 2019.
- "Diablo 4 adds customizable skin tones and faces". November 2019.
- "BlizzCon 2019: Who Is Diablo 4's Villain, Lilith?". November 2019.
- "Diablo IV announced at BlizzCon 2019". November 2019.
|This video game-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|