Bridges was born in Beaufort in Brecknockshire on 18 November 1933. He was educated at the St David's College, Lampeter and Corpus Christi College, Cambridge, and was ordained after a period of study at Westcott House, Cambridge in 1957.
He held curacies at Rhymney and Chepstow (1960–63) after which he was Vicar of St James’, Tredegar. From 1965 to 1969 he was a Lecturer at Summerfield College of Education, Kidderminster, and then Vicar of Kempsey. Later he was Rural Dean of Narberth and then Archdeacon of St David's, before his elevation to the Episcopate in 1988.
- BRIDGES : Obituary
- City & County of Swansea Archived 2012-03-07 at the Wayback Machine
- Who's Who 2008: London, A & C Black, 2008 ISBN 978-0-7136-8555-8
- Crockford's Clerical Directory1975-76 Lambeth, Church House, 1975 ISBN 0-19-200008-X
- Diocese of Swansea
- Eden, Tom (25 May 2015). "Tributes paid to Beaufort-born Bishop Dewi Bridges". Wales Online. Retrieved 1 June 2015.
- "Tributes are paid to Bishop Dewi Bridges". Provincial press releases. The Church in Wales. 22 May 2015. Retrieved 1 June 2015.
|Church in Wales titles|
Benjamin Noel Young Vaughan
| Bishop of Swansea and Brecon
Anthony Edward Pierce
|This article about a United Kingdom bishop is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|