Born in Ceredigion on 13 September 1924  and educated at the University of Aberystwyth, after wartime service in the RAFVR he was ordained in 1950. After a curacy at Lampeter he was successively Vicar of Eglwyswrw, Tregaron, Dewi Sant, a Welsh language church in Cardiff, Aberystwyth; and finally, before his elevation to the Episcopate, Archdeacon of Cardigan. He died on 14 July 2008, aged 83.
- Crockford's Clerical Directory 2008/2009 (100th edition), Church House Publishing (ISBN 978-0-7151-1030-0)
- Who's Who2008 London, A & C Black, 2007 ISBN 978-0-7136-8555-8
- Daily Telegraph obituary Issue no 47,624 (dated 16 July 2004)
- The Times, Saturday, 10 Apr 1982; pg. 10; Issue 61204; col A Court Circular- New Bishop of St David’s
- "The Right Rev George Noakes: Archbishop of Wales, 1987-1991". Times, The (London). 22 July 2008. Retrieved 27 July 2008.
|Church in Wales titles|
| Bishop of St Davids
| Archbishop of Wales
Alwyn Rice Jones
|This article about a Church of England bishop is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|