A major contributor to this article appears to have a close connection with its subject. (June 2015) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Derek Fordjour (born 1974 in Memphis, Tennessee) is an American interdisciplinary artist who works in video/film, sculpture and painting. Fordjour received an MFA from Hunter College, an Ed. M in Arts Education from Harvard University., and a B.A. degree from Morehouse College.
|Education||Harvard University, Hunter College|
Fordjour is a member of Alpha Phi Alpha Fraternity,Inc. He was commissioned by Alpha Phi Alpha to create a portrait entitled An Experiment in Brotherhood to commemorate the founding of the fraternity.
- Los Angeles Times, “Derek Fordjour: Eight Paintings..” by Carolina Miranda, February 4, 2016
- Observer, "Nine Overachieving New Yorkers You Must Date", Feb 3, 2016
- New York Times, “From Derek Fordjour...” by Holland Cotter, November 19, 2015
- Los Angeles Times, “And There is an End..” by David Pagel, March 21, 2015
- The Brooklyn Rail, Review of ‘The Big Game’.. by Johnathan Goodman, October 7, 2014
- Huffington Post, “The Sports World Could Learn...” by Souleo, 2014
- "Hunter College MFA Spring 2016 Thesis Exhibitions — Hunter College". www.hunter.cuny.edu. Retrieved 2016-12-12.
- "Black Sorority Project". thinktalk.com. Retrieved 6 October 2010.
- "The Jewels of Alpha Phi Alpha". Alpha Phi Alpha Fraternity, Gamma Phi chapter. Retrieved 6 October 2010.[permanent dead link]
- Design, DSI. "Luce Gallery". lucegallery.com. Retrieved 2016-12-12.
- "Eight Paintings - PAPILLION". www.papillionart.com. Retrieved 2016-12-12.
- "UPPER ROOM - Derek Fordjour - Exhibitions - Robert Blumenthal Gallery". www.robertblumenthal.com. Retrieved 2016-12-12.
- Miranda, Carolina A. "Datebook: Ceramic installations, Korean and American minimalism, punk-inspired pieces". latimes.com. Retrieved 2016-12-12.
- "Nine Overachieving New Yorkers You Must Date". Observer. 2016-02-03. Retrieved 2016-12-12.
- Cotter, Holland (2015-11-19). "From Derek Fordjour, a Sense of Abandoned Ritual". The New York Times. ISSN 0362-4331. Retrieved 2016-12-12.
- Pagel, David. "'And There Is an End' -- but no end to its goofy appeal". latimes.com. Retrieved 2016-12-12.
- "DEREK FORDJOUR The Big Game". www.brooklynrail.org. Retrieved 2016-12-12.
- Journalist, Peter 'Souleo' Wright; curator (2014-09-24). "On the "A" w/Souleo: The Sports World Could Learn From Derek Fordjour's Artworks". The Huffington Post. Retrieved 2016-12-12.
- Pen's Eye: Interview With Artist Derek Fordjour
- Derek Fordjour - 4 Artworks, Bio & Shows on Artsy
|This article about an artist from the United States is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This biographical article related to cinema of the United States is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|