Democratic Party of Connecticut
The Connecticut Democratic State Central Committee (CT Dems) is the affiliate of the Democratic Party in the state of Connecticut. The state chair of the party is Nancy Wyman.  The Democratic Party controls both chambers of the state legislature, all constitutional state offices and all five of Connecticut's seats in the House and both of its Senate seats.
|Governor of Connecticut||Ned Lamont|
|Lieutenant Governor of Connecticut||Susan Bysiewicz|
|Senate President Pro Tempore||Martin Looney|
|Speaker of the House||Joe Aresimowicz|
91 / 151
22 / 36
|Statewide Executive Offices|
6 / 6
|U.S. House of Representatives|
5 / 5
2 / 2
In Connecticut, there are Democratic Town Committees in many of the towns and cities. They consist of an elected Chairperson, Co-Chairperson, Secretary and Treasurer. The Town Committees have the ability to endorse a particular candidate in a primary election. According to 10 CS 210, court has no power concerning political party policies or organization.
Current elected officialsEdit
Members of CongressEdit
Democrats comprise all of Connecticut's 7-member Congressional delegation - including both US Senators and all 5 members of the House of Representatives.
U.S. House of RepresentativesEdit
Out of the 5 seats Connecticut is apportioned in the U.S. House of Representatives, all 5 are held by Democrats:
Democrats control all six of the elected statewide offices:
- Governor: Ned Lamont
- Lieutenant Governor: Susan Bysiewicz
- Secretary of the State: Denise Merrill
- Attorney General: William Tong
- State Treasurer: Shawn Wooden
- State Comptroller: Kevin Lembo
State legislature leadersEdit
- Joe Lieberman won the 1988 election as a Democrat. Lieberman left the party and became an Independent in 2006 but continued to caucus with Senate Democrats until his retirement in 2012.
- "Nancy Wyman elected chairman for CT Democrats". CT Post. Retrieved 2019-02-06.
- "Local Committees | Democratic Party of Connecticut". Ctdems.org. Archived from the original on 2012-07-25. Retrieved 2012-08-06. Cite uses deprecated parameter
- "CHAPTER 153* NOMINATIONS AND POLITICAL PARTIES". Cga.ct.gov. Archived from the original on 2012-10-13. Retrieved 2012-08-06. Cite uses deprecated parameter