Defense Acquisition Program Administration
This article needs additional citations for verification. (May 2014) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
The Defense Acquisition Program Administration (DAPA for short) is an executive branch of the South Korean Government. It was established on January 1, 2006 under the Ministry of National Defense for the purpose of administering improvement projects of defense capability, the procurement of munitions, and the fostering of defense industries.
Emblem of the Defense Acquisition Program Administration
|Formed||January 1, 2006|
|Jurisdiction||Government of South Korea|
|Headquarters||54-99 Duteopbawi-ro, Yongsan-gu, Seoul 140-833, South Korea|
|Website||Official DAPA website in Korean|
Official DAPA website in English
|Name||Took office||Left office||Note|
|Kim Jung-il(김정일)||January 1, 2006||July 25, 2006|
|Lee Sun-hee(이선희)||August 9, 2006||March 7, 2008|
|Yang Chi-gyu(양치규)||March 8, 2008||January 19, 2009|
|Byun Moo-keun(변무근)||January 20, 2009||August 16, 2010|
|Chang Soo-man(장수만)||August 16, 2010||February 16, 2011|
|Noh Dae-Lae(노대래)||March 18, 2011||March 15, 2013||Now Chairperson of the Fair Trade Commission|
|Lee Yong-geol(이용걸)||April 15, 2013|
|Jeon Jei-guk||August 7, 2017|
|Wang Jung-hong||August 31, 2018||Incumbent|
Defense Acquisition Program Promotion CommitteeEdit
In order to deliberate upon and coordinate major policies, management of financial resources and other purposes for the promotion of defense acquisition programs, the Defense Acquisition Program Promotion Committee was placed under the control of the Minister of National Defense. Through the Committee, with the minister of National Defense as chairman, project promotion methods and model decisions are discussed and adjusted and defense capacity improvement projects are implemented.
DAPA manages a variety of defense procurement projects. Examples of current and past projects include:
- KAI KUH-1 Surion transport utility helicopter
- KAI T-50 Golden Eagle family of supersonic advanced trainers and multirole light fighters, including the following variants:
- Government Organization Act (Article 33)
- 방위사업청 역대 청장 from Official DAPA website in Korean
- "Moon names new DAPA chief in effort to curb corruption". Korea JoongAng Daily. August 8, 2017. Retrieved 2018-10-30.
- Grevatt, Jon (September 3, 2018). "South Korea's DAPA announces new leadership". Jane's. Retrieved 2018-10-30.
- Defense Acquisition Program Act (Article 9)
- 방위사업청 2013 브로셔(New Tomorrow DAPA)
- "국가법령정보센터". Law.go.kr. Retrieved 2014-05-26.