|Giuseppe De'Longhi (Chairman)|
Fabio De'Longhi (Vice Chairman) and (Chief Executive Officer)
|Products||Heaters, air conditioners, vacuum cleaners, espresso machines, kitchen appliances and small appliances|
|Revenue||€2351.3 million (2020)|
Number of employees
History and trading edit
The company was founded by the De'Longhi family in 1902 as a small industrial parts manufacturing workshop. The company incorporated in 1950. Historically a major producer of portable heaters and air conditioners, the company has expanded to include nearly every category of small domestic appliances in the food preparation and cooking, as well as household cleaning and ironing, segments.
De'Longhi is known for the design of its products. Its Esclusivo line of kitchen appliances won the Red Dot design award in 2007. Home Furnishing News recognized the firm's Design Director Giocomo Borin as one of the 50 most influential designers in the world in 2006.
Merger and acquisitions edit
Its acquisition of the British appliance maker Kenwood for £45.9 million (about $66.7 million) in 2001 gave it access to Kenwood's Chinese factory. As a result, many of De'Longhi's products are now imported from China, while design and engineering remain largely in Italy.
In all, the company operates 13 production facilities and 30 international subsidiaries that support sales to 75 countries worldwide. International sales account for nearly 75 percent of the group's total revenues, which topped €1.63 billion in 2010.
On 16 April 2012, De'Longhi bought perpetual rights to manufacture Braun branded products from Procter & Gamble in the small appliance segment. Procter & Gamble will continue to own the Braun brand. €50 million was paid immediately and €90 million will be paid over the next 15 years.
In 2018, India-based Orient Electric partnered with De'Longhi to market small kitchen appliances in India.
In November 2020, De'Longhi announced the acquisition of Capital Brands, which specialized in mixers for 420 million euros.
Public trading edit
Shares in the company are traded on Milan's stock exchange under the ticker symbol DLG. Revenues have steadily increased to nearly double the revenue from 2014. In 2022, revenue was €3,160,000,000.
In October 2017, the Asthma and Allergy Foundation of America and Allergy Standards Limited announced that five De'Longhi dehumidifiers have earned the Asthma and Allergy Friendly Certification. These are the first dehumidifiers to receive the program's mark.
See also edit
- "Corporate Investor Relations and Highlights". De'Longhi Group. Archived from the original on 1 July 2015. Retrieved 11 March 2021.
- "Italy's De'Longhi buys Braun brand license". Reuters. 16 April 2012. Retrieved 6 October 2012.
- "Giuseppe De'Longhi & family". Forbes.
- Spinosa, Nicola (1990). El Arte de la corte de Nápoles en el siglo XVIII: Museo Arqueológico Nacional, Madrid, 7 marzo-6 mayo 1990 (in Spanish). Ministerio de Cultura, Dirección General de Bellas Artes y Archivos, Centro Nacional de Exposiciones. ISBN 978-84-7483-611-0.
- "De'Longhi Group forms strategic partnership with Orient Electric in India". www.punekarnews.in.
- Falson, Sarah (6 March 2007). "De'Longhi's Esclusivo range wins two international design gongs". applianceretailer.com.au. Archived from the original on 2 April 2015. Retrieved 10 February 2017.
- "De'Longhi PrimaDonna Class". Good Design.
- "Italy's De'Longhi uses its in-house moulding to deliver designer brewing systems". Plastics News. 17 March 2016.
- White, Dominic (17 February 2001). "Kenwood cooks up a £45.9m deal with Italy's De'Longhi". The Daily Telegraph. ISSN 0307-1235. Retrieved 25 January 2016.
- "De Longhi America Inc - Company Profile and News". Bloomberg.com.
- "Mitsubishi Electric Enters into Agreement to Acquire Majority Interest in DeLclima". www.automotiveworld.com.
- "Orient Electric partners Italy's De'Longhi Group to market small kitchen applian". Economic Times.
- "Italy's De' Longhi to buy U.S. blender maker Capital Brands". Reuters. 23 November 2020. Retrieved 15 May 2022.
- Szostech, Michael (4 August 2023). "De'Longhi TrueBrew Coffee Maker". Canada Reviewed. Retrieved 4 August 2023.
- "Equities De' Longhi SpA". Financial Times.
- "Reducing Humidity Creates Healthier Homes for Those With Asthma and Allergies" (Press release). GlobeNewswire. 16 October 2017.