Dayexi Gandarela Sosa (born July 4, 1986 in Caibarién) is a Cuban sprint canoeist. She edged out the Argentine pair (led by Alexandra Keresztesi) by two thirds of a second (0.67) for the gold medal in the women's K-2 500 metres at the 2011 Pan American Games in Guadalajara, Mexico.
|Full name||Dayexi Gandarela Sosa|
|Born||4 July 1986|
|Coached by||Darovy Acevedo|
Gandarela represented Cuba at the 2012 Summer Olympics in London, where she competed in the women's K-2 500 metres. Gandarela and her partner Yulitza Meneses paddled to a sixth-place finish and fourteenth overall in the B-final by approximately three seconds behind the Slovakian pair (Ivana Kmeťová and Martina Kohlová), posting their time of 1:50.124.
- "Dayexi Gandarela". London 2012. Retrieved 17 February 2013.
- Evans, Hilary; Gjerde, Arild; Heijmans, Jeroen; Mallon, Bill; et al. "Dayexi Gandarela". Olympics at Sports-Reference.com. Sports Reference LLC. Archived from the original on 18 April 2020. Retrieved 17 February 2013.
- Guevara, Yuri (31 October 2011). "Cuban Gold in Rowing at Pan American Games". Juventud Rebelde. Archived from the original on 2013-04-12. Retrieved 17 February 2013.
- "Cuba gana oro y Argentina plata en K2 500m de canotaje femenino" [Cuba and Argentina wins gold and silver in women's canoeing] (in Spanish). Terra Deportes. 29 October 2011. Retrieved 17 February 2013.
- "Women's Kayak Double (K2) 500m Final B". London 2012. Retrieved 17 February 2013.
|This article about a Cuban canoeist is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|