|Full name||Yulitza Meneses Prieto|
|Born||9 November 1985|
Nueva Gerona, Cuba
Biography and careerEdit
She edged out the Argentine pair (led by Alexandra Keresztesi) by two thirds of a second (0.67) for the gold medal in the women's K-2 500 metres at the 2011 Pan American Games in Guadalajara, Mexico.
Meneses represented Cuba at the 2012 Summer Olympics in London, where she competed in the women's K-2 500 metres. Meneses and her partner Dayexi Gandarela paddled to a sixth-place finish and fourteenth overall in the B-final by approximately three seconds behind the Slovakian pair (Ivana Kmeťová and Martina Kohlová), posting their time of 1:50.124.
- "Yulitza Meneses". London 2012. Retrieved 19 February 2013.
- Evans, Hilary; Gjerde, Arild; Heijmans, Jeroen; Mallon, Bill; et al. "Yulitza Meneses". Olympics at Sports-Reference.com. Sports Reference LLC. Archived from the original on 18 April 2020. Retrieved 19 February 2013.
- Guevara, Yuri (31 October 2011). "Cuban Gold in Rowing at Pan American Games". Juventud Rebelde. Archived from the original on 2013-04-12. Retrieved 19 February 2013.
- "Cuba gana oro y Argentina plata en K2 500m de canotaje femenino" [Cuba and Argentina wins gold and silver in women's canoeing] (in Spanish). Terra Deportes. 29 October 2011. Retrieved 19 February 2013.
- "Women's Kayak Double (K2) 500m Final B". London 2012. Retrieved 19 February 2013.
|This article about a Cuban canoeist is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|