Mattocks with Vancouver Whitecaps Reserves in 2012
|Full name||Darren Dimitri Mattocks|
|Date of birth||2 September 1990|
|Place of birth||Portmore, Jamaica|
|Height||5 ft 10 in (1.78 m)|
|2012–2016||Vancouver Whitecaps FC||93||(19)|
* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 28 March 2019|
‡ National team caps and goals correct as of 22:06, 19 November 2018 (UTC)
Mattocks played for the University of Akron where he made 47 appearances and scored 39 goals over two years. He was nominated for several awards during his tenure, including one to the first-year All-American teams by several different media outlets.
Vancouver Whitecaps FCEdit
He made his club debut on opening day against the Montreal Impact coming off the bench. Soon after his club debut he suffered severe burns from a cooking accident and missed almost two months before returning to the line-up on 9 May against FC Edmonton when he scored his first goal for the Whitecaps in the 93rd minute.
Mattocks scored his first MLS goal on 26 May 2012 against the Portland Timbers. Mattocks scored six goals in his first nine MLS appearances in 2012. In the Whitecaps' first ever playoff game versus the LA Galaxy, Mattocks scored the first ever playoff goal for the Vancouver Whitecaps in the fourth minute of play. He earned the team's Golden Boot award that year with seven goals.
On December 10, 2017, Mattocks, after having his contract option rejected by Portland, was traded to D.C. United in exchange for an international roster slot. D.C. United exercised Mattocks' option for 2018, but he lost his starting role after Wayne Rooney arrived in the mid-summer as a Designated Player.
Mattocks made his international debut for Jamaica in 2012, coming on in the 55th minute in a 2–0 win over El Salvador. He scored three times during the 2014 Caribbean Cup, making him the tournament's joint top scorer, as Jamaica won the tournament for the sixth time.
In 2015, Mattocks was included in Jamaica's squads for the Copa América and CONCACAF Gold Cup tournaments. On 22 July 2015, Mattocks scored the opening goal in the 2–1 semi-final victory over the United States in Atlanta, Georgia, as the Reggae Boyz qualified for their first ever Gold Cup final. He also scored in the 3–1 defeat to Mexico in the final in Philadelphia.
- Score and result list Jamaica's goal tally first.
|1.||2 March 2014||Barbados National Stadium, Saint Michael, Barbados||Barbados||1–0||2–0||Friendly|
|2.||5 March 2014||Beausejour Stadium, Gros Islet, Saint Lucia||Saint Lucia||2–0|
|4.||12 November 2014||Montego Bay Sports Complex, Montego Bay, Jamaica||Martinique||1–0||1–1||2014 Caribbean Cup|
|5.||14 November 2014||Antigua and Barbuda||2–0||3–0|
|6.||16 November 2014||Haiti||2–0||2–0|
|7.||27 March 2015||Venezuela||2–1||2–1||Friendly|
|8.||31 March 2015||Cuba||3–0||3–0|
|9.||23 July 2015||Georgia Dome, Atlanta, United States||United States||1–0||2–1||2015 CONCACAF Gold Cup|
|10.||26 July 2015||Lincoln Financial Field, Philadelphia, United States||Mexico||1–3||1–3||2015 CONCACAF Gold Cup|
|11.||5 September 2015||Independence Park, Kingston, Jamaica||Nicaragua||2018 FIFA World Cup qualification|
|12.||8 September 2015||Dennis Martínez National Stadium, Managua, Nicaragua|
|13.||9 July 2017||Qualcomm Stadium, San Diego, United States||Curaçao||2–0||2–0||2017 CONCACAF Gold Cup|
|14.||16 July 2017||Alamodome, San Antonio, United States||El Salvador||1–1||1–1|
|15.||9 September 2018||Independence Park, Kingston, Jamaica||Cayman Islands||1–0||2019–20 CONCACAF Nations League qualification|
|17.||17 November 2018||Montego Bay Sports Complex, Montego Bay, Jamaica||Suriname||2–0||2–1|
- As of 20 August 2018
|Club||Season||League||League Cup||Domestic Cup||CONCACAF||Total|
- "Reggae Boyz squad for Copa America". Jamaica Football Federation. 3 June 2015. Archived from the original on 5 March 2017. Retrieved 15 December 2016.
- "Whitecaps grab confident, speedy striker Darren Mattocks in MLS draft". vancouversun.com. The Vancouver Sun. 13 January 2012. Retrieved 26 February 2012.[dead link]
- Peck, Brooks. "Darren Mattocks brings high jump to MLS with header against Toronto | Dirty Tackle - Yahoo! Sports". Sports.yahoo.com. Retrieved 12 July 2012.
- "Portland Timbers acquire attacker Darren Mattocks from Vancouver Whitecaps FC". Timbers.com. Retrieved 14 March 2016.
- "United acquire forward Darren Mattocks". D.C. United. 10 December 2017. Retrieved 10 December 2017.
- "Wayne Rooney strikes again — twice — as D.C. United beats Portland". Washington Post. 15 August 2018. Retrieved 16 August 2017.
- "Goal: Darren Mattocks scores first regular season goal for United | D.C. United".
- "2018 Expansion Draft results: FC Cincinnati pick, trade big names | MLSsoccer.com".
- "CFD Profile". Caribbean Football Database. Retrieved 6 March 2014.
- "Jamaica stuns USA 2-1 in Gold Cup semifinals, reaches first final". Sports Illustrated. 22 July 2015.
- "Mexico defeats Jamaica in Gold Cup final". Yahoo. 27 July 2015.
- "Whitecaps FC striker Darren Mattocks obtains United States Green Card". Vancouver Whitecaps FC.