Damontre Lamounte Moore (born September 11, 1992) is an American football defensive end for the San Francisco 49ers of the National Football League (NFL). He was drafted by the New York Giants in the third round of the 2013 NFL Draft. He played college football at Texas A&M, where he earned All-American honors.
|No. 90 – San Francisco 49ers|
|Born:||September 11, 1992|
|Height:||6 ft 5 in (1.96 m)|
|Weight:||260 lb (118 kg)|
|High school:||Rowlett (Rowlett, Texas)|
|NFL Draft:||2013 / Round: 3 / Pick: 81|
|* Offseason and/or practice squad member only|
|Roster status:||Injured reserve|
|Career highlights and awards|
|Career NFL statistics as of 2019|
Moore was born in DeSoto, Texas. He attended Rowlett High School in Rowlett, Texas, where he played for the Rowlett Eagles high school football team. As a senior, he had 66 tackles and six quarterback sacks.
Moore attended Texas A&M University, where he played for the Texas A&M Aggies football team from 2010 to 2012. As a backup linebacker as a freshman in 2010, he recorded 40 tackles, 5.5 quarterback sacks and an interception. As a first-year starter as a sophomore in 2011, he had 72 tackles and 8.5 sacks. As a junior in 2012, he was a consensus first-team All-American and a first-team All-Southeastern Conference (SEC) selection after recording 85 tackles and 12.5 sacks. Over three seasons, he compiled 26.5 sacks, which ranks sixth in school history.
|Height||Weight||Arm length||Hand size||40-yard dash||10-yd split||20-yd split||20-ss||3-cone||Vert jump||Broad||BP|
|6 ft 4 1⁄2 in
|34 3⁄4 in
|10 1⁄4 in
|4.95 s||1.72 s||2.87 s||4.33 s||7.08 s||35 1⁄2 in
|10 ft 2 in
|All values from NFL Combine.|
Moore was initially projected to be a top ten draft pick at the end of the 2012 season. One of his strengths was his versatility while playing in Texas A&M. Where he played as 3-4 outside linebacker in his first two seasons and tallied a total of 14 sacks in that time span. In 2012 as the starting defensive end he exploded with 12.5 sacks. Despite his previous accomplishments, his status as a top ten pick was damaged because of his poor performance at the NFL Combine, where he had only 12 reps in the bench press (lowest among defensive linemen) and a 4.95 time in the 40-yard dash. He was projected by many draft analysts to go in the late first or early second round; however, he slid down the draft board and was eventually chosen by the New York Giants in the third round, with the 81st overall pick.
New York GiantsEdit
Though some teams viewed Moore as a 3–4 outside linebacker, the Giants selected him as a 4–3 defensive end. He saw action in 15 games during the regular season, during which time he recorded 11 tackles and 1 forced fumble. The latter occurred during a Monday Night Football game against the Vikings when Moore stripped the ball while playing kickoff coverage.
On December 11, 2015, Moore was waived for violating team rules, reportedly due to having an altercation with fellow defensive lineman Cullen Jenkins regarding headphones. The incident with Jenkins was one of several altercations Moore had with teammates during the 2015 season, according to Jay Glazer of Fox Sports.
On November 1, 2016, Moore was signed by the Seattle Seahawks. He was placed on the injured reserve list on December 20, after suffering a foot injury. He made 7 tackles and half a sack, while playing in 4 games. The injury forced him to miss 3 of his last 4 contests.
On March 10, 2017, Moore was signed as a free agent by the Dallas Cowboys to play defensive end. He was suspended for the first two games of the regular season for violating the NFL's substance abuse policy, which was a situation the Cowboys were aware of before he was signed. On October 24, he was released to create space to sign Mike Nugent following the groin injury to placekicker Dan Bailey. He was a backup player, registering 7 tackles, 4 quarterback hurries in 3 games and was declared inactive in one contest.
San Diego Fleet (AAF)Edit
On January 10, 2019, Moore signed with the San Diego Fleet of the Alliance of American Football. He played with the team until the league folded in April. He was considered one of the top defensive players in the league, registering 22 tackles, 7 sacks and one fumble recovery.
San Francisco 49ersEdit
On April 5, 2019, after operations were suspended in the AAF, Moore signed a contract with the San Francisco 49ers. He was waived on May 16, 2019. He was re-signed on July 24, 2019. He was waived on August 31, 2019. On November 13, 2019, Moore was re-signed due to an injury to Ronald Blair. On November 17, 2019, Moore forced a fumble against the Arizona Cardinals late in the game that keyed a win for the 49ers. He was placed on injured reserve on November 25, 2019 after suffering a broken forearm in Week 12.
- "Texas A&M University". Texas A&M University Athletics Department. Retrieved December 13, 2015.
- "Giants' Damontre Moore hoping to make an immediate impact on pass rush".
- "Damontre Moore, DS #6 DE, Texas A&M".
- "Damontre Moore Draft Profile".
- "Damontre Moore Draft Profile – NFL.com". NFL.com. Retrieved December 13, 2015.
- "Moore making a mark early in camp".
- "Vikings vs. Giants Highlights (10/21/2013)".
- TOM ROCK. "Damontre Moore gets his first sack dance". Newsday. Retrieved December 13, 2015.
- "Giants waive Damontre Moore following altercation". NFL.com. Retrieved December 11, 2015.
- "Here is why Damontre Moore was released - Jay Glazer". FOX Sports. YouTube. December 13, 2015. Retrieved December 26, 2015.
- Sessler, Marc (December 14, 2015). "Dolphins claim ex-Giant Damontre Moore off waivers". NFL.com. Retrieved December 26, 2015.
- Alper, Josh (May 2, 2016). "Dolphins cut Damontre Moore". profootballtalk.nbcsports.com. Retrieved May 2, 2016.
- "Oakland Raiders Sign Free Agent Defensive End Damontre Moore". Raiders.com. May 9, 2016. Retrieved March 11, 2017.
- "Raiders Claim DB Tramain Jacobs and LB Lenny Jones via Waivers". Raiders.com. August 5, 2016. Retrieved March 11, 2017.
- Boyle, John (November 1, 2016). "Seahawks Make Roster Move, But Stand Pat at Trade Deadline". Seahawks.com. Archived from the original on November 2, 2016. Retrieved November 2, 2016.
- Boyle, John (December 20, 2016). "Seahawks Make Roster Moves". Seahawks.com.
- Archer, Todd (March 10, 2017). "Cowboys give Damontre Moore chance to earn spot". ESPN.com.
- Sessler, Marc (July 28, 2017). "NFL suspends Cowboys DE Damontre Moore two games". NFL.com.
- Helman, David (October 24, 2017). "Cowboys Add Veteran Kicker Mike Nugent, Release DE Damontre' Moore". DallasCowboys.com.
- "Raiders Sign DE Damontre' Moore; Waive Fadol Brown". Raiders.com. December 4, 2018.
- "Raiders announce transactions - 12.24.18". Raiders.com. December 24, 2018.
- Benton, Dan (January 13, 2019). "Ex-Giant Damontre Moore signs with San Diego Fleet of AAF". USA Today. Retrieved February 1, 2019.
- "49ers Sign DL Damontre Moore". 49ers.com. April 5, 2019. Retrieved April 5, 2019.
- "49ers Sign DL Damontre Moore". 49ers.com. July 24, 2019.
- "49ers Announce 53-man Roster". 49ers.com. August 31, 2019.
- "49ers Sign DL Damontre Moore; Place DL Ronald Blair III on Injured Reserve". November 13, 2019.
- Alper, Josh (November 25, 2019). "Damontre Moore broke his forearm". Pro Football Talk. NBC Sports.